• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loud Explosion Reported In Stow

LMFAO....Exactly.

"Sue Mennencke, who is in town visiting her daughter from Chicago, likened the sound to an atomic bomb."

Been around many atomic bombs as they were detonated? But she is from Chicago...so you know.

“I was preparing to get into bed and there was a huge explosion. We looked out the windows and we couldn’t see any bright lights. We couldn’t see anything that may have caused it in the near vicinity,” Mennencke explained. “It sounded almost like an atomic bomb of some sort…Seriously, it was that loud.”

This genius heard a huge boom and ran to the window expecting to see the flash of light. Nope. Not bright at all.

People call 911 for everything and anything. You would be absolutely shocked at the amount of stupid that gets called in on daily basis. I don't what half of society would do if there was some major disruption and everything was shut down for a couple of weeks. Sometimes I think if this were to happen we would collapse as a society.
Most certainly. I went thru a hurricane in the Caribbean and many people lost homes. I was helping a buddy tarp the lost section of roof and he had some displaced souls sheltering there. One couple was draping wet CD inserts all over the place while we set up the place for living. It was a pretty surreal picture…

This genius heard a huge boom and ran to the window expecting to see the flash of light. Nope. Not bright at all.
Physics is hard....
Worse; glass is sharp.

Until reading there just now that Ms. Karbysheva didn't take cover herself,
I thought that she might have been the beneficiary of the US discovery that
venetian blinds collimate the glass shards so that they're all flying edge-on -
for great sliceyness.

This kid has it

Some go so far as to speculate that the sounds originate in tunneling for deep underground bases or such. There are a lot of web sites devoted to "secret" underground activities.
Oh really. Those must be the same web sites that say that loser Mr. Trump won the presidential election . . .

LMFAO....Exactly.

"Sue Mennencke, who is in town visiting her daughter from Chicago, likened the sound to an atomic bomb."

Been around many atomic bombs as they were detonated? But she is from Chicago...so you know.

“I was preparing to get into bed and there was a huge explosion. We looked out the windows and we couldn’t see any bright lights. We couldn’t see anything that may have caused it in the near vicinity,” Mennencke explained. “It sounded almost like an atomic bomb of some sort…Seriously, it was that loud.”

If you ever did hear an atom bomb detonate the last thing you would ever want to do is look anywhere. The light pulse would be blinding most likely forever. Then there is the pressure wave, finally if all that is survived the fall out and what comes with that.

Searched for this thread hoping to see this solved. I live several towns away from the proposed location of the sound and I heard/felt it very clearly. Sounded like someone doing blasting about a 1/4 mile away. It was very loud and shook our house. I thought earthquake given the time (10pm) and the magnitude but I guess that has been ruled out. It must have been deafening near the source. Cmon NES, this cant go unsolved.

If you ever did hear an atom bomb detonate the last thing you would ever want to do is look anywhere. The light pulse would be blinding most likely forever. Then there is the pressure wave, finally if all that is survived the fall out and what comes with that.
Years ago, I was watching a show about the Trinity test. They were interviewing an old person, that had been in the area when the detonation occurred - not near, but not too far. Anyways, apparently the interviewee's sister said, "What was that light?"

Interviewer: "Why was that an odd question?"

"She was blind...."

Cool.

If you hear a nuke, you're likely already dead or blind

You don't have to look far to see that loud booms have been heard in many places over the years. Here in Nashua, we had a boom that woke us and our neighbors up at around 2 AM. Later, I spoke with local police hanging outside a school board meeting and they knew nothing.
Some go so far as to speculate that the sounds originate in tunneling for deep underground bases or such. There are a lot of web sites devoted to "secret" underground activities.
Still, loud booms have been heard and no explanation given. There there was the "Taos hum" sound that went on in New Mexico for months. Mystery booms 2020 - Updated list of loud booms in 2020 - Strange Sounds
The nuclear drill that turns the removed material into smoke and dust with no rubble to dispose of. I hear theoretically possible but not practical with today’s technology. Interesting food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom