Lou Dobbs Poll: Vote now!

Reptile

NES Member
Do you believe that the guarantees of the 2nd amendment to keep and bear arms are a fundamental right of freedom and therefore should be guaranteed to every American in every state?

Look for the poll at the left.

http://loudobbs.tv.cnn.com/

Hey thats not too bad only 9% of the people that took that poll are stunad.

http://loudobbs.tv.cnn.com/ said:
Tonight’s Poll
Do you believe that the guarantees of the 2nd amendment to keep and bear arms are a fundamental right of freedom and therefore should be guaranteed to every American in every state?
Yes 91% 3400
No 9% 335
Total Votes: 3735

This is not a scientific poll

I kinda disagree with the wording of the poll..... No I dont agree that "ALL" Americans should be able to own a gun. When you say "EVERY American " arent you including criminals?

I kinda disagree with the wording of the poll..... No I dont agree that "ALL" Americans should be able to own a gun. When you say "EVERY American " arent you including criminals?

They seem to be able to buy better and cheaper guns then me IMHO. I wouldn't mine an even playing field on gun rights.

I agree, the wording is bad. But the idea is that a convicted criminal who "serves their time" is given their freedom back and are then put "back into the circulation" of society. Thus their rights, including to bear arms to defend themself would be too...

My opinion is that I don't know if rights should be permanently taken away from convicts or if they should serve longer sentences for armed violence.
For example, a drive by shooting where a gang-banger shoots two people, not their intended target. Gang-banger only get convicted of involuntary manslaughter because they didn't even hit their "intended target" instead only killed two innocent bystanders! Should the gang-banger be able to get a gun again, no. He should be in prison the rest of his life, but that's not how our system usually works.

It's still a tough question though...even if the murderers are imprisoned for life, there are a lot of stupid people out there [rolleyes]

Thanks... and sorry if I let out a lot of hot air, but I want to keep my guns. Bill

Yes 93% 5945
No 7% 479
Total Votes: 6424
This is not a scientific poll

I like these numbers. Except for the 481 digbats that think guns are scary.

Yes 93% 6028
No 7% 481
Total Votes: 6509

Yes 93% 7344
No 7% 560
Total Votes: 7904

As MassMark says, it would be great if these numbers meant anything to the folks in power.

Back
Top Bottom