Lots of 22 LR ammo today.

I was in Dick's today near Atlanta, Georgia and they had lots of different 22 LR ammo. I bought a box of Winchester Target ammo (375) for $18.97 on sale. I don't know if that is a good price or not??? Your stores up north might have a good amount also. [smile]

I was in Dick's today near Atlanta, Georgia and they had lots of different 22 LR ammo. I bought a box of Winchester Target ammo (375) for $18.97 on sale. I don't know if that is a good price or not??? Your stores up north might have a good amount also. [smile]

Dicks had federal auto match 22lr 325 round bulk packs for $18 last weekend. I stocked up.......5.5 cents a round is pretty good. Prices coming back down to earth it seems.

It seems like prices and availability for all ammo (including 22LR) has come back to the levels around when I first got into shooting (2011). Heck, some stuff is even cheaper than I remember.

Winchester "Target" .22 is pretty junky. I wouldn't pay more for it than I would any bulk-pack copper plated crap that everybody else sells.

Winchester "Target" .22 is pretty junky. I wouldn't pay more for it than I would any bulk-pack copper plated crap that everybody else sells.

I've had problems with Winchester 22 ammo for awhile. Got two boxes I could not even put through my revolver!!!!! Wouldn't even fit in the cylinders

It seems like prices and availability for all ammo (including 22LR) has come back to the levels around when I first got into shooting (2011). Heck, some stuff is even cheaper than I remember.
Yes you're right.
9mm is holding at like 20cents
And 223/556 for 30cents.

I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yup, picked up a couple of boxes of Federal AutoMatch from Dicks this weekend. It was ~18.50 a box. Four Seasons wants 24.99 a box[shocked]

They had the automatch 2 for $35 black friday. This is almost as good. Pair it with a discounted gift card for an even better price.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I will never buy from Dick's again. I purchased a rifle from them once and they literally had someone walk me to my car about 1/4 mile away. F them.

.....Lots of 22LR, and still no sight of any minimags. [rolleyes]

I actually saw a few boxes of mini mags at the Rindge Walmart last night. I was shocked, never having seen any .22 at all there in years.

I will never buy from Dick's again. I purchased a rifle from them once and they literally had someone walk me to my car about 1/4 mile away. F them.

That would piss me off for sure. I've never tried to buy a gun there, but I do buy ammo occasionally when the prices are good. For instance, because of this thread I stopped in to grab 3 more boxes of the Fed Automatch .22 since that is an excellent price even though I didn't "need" any .22 at all. I follow the NES philosophy of "buy it cheap, stack it deep!"

Thats awesome! I'd park a few lots away or better yet, start walking home. See how far the ****er follows you! On the one $189 maverick I bought at dicks they walked it to the register. No biggie.

Thats awesome! I'd park a few lots away or better yet, start walking home. See how far the ****er follows you! On the one $189 maverick I bought at dicks they walked it to the register. No biggie.

Maybe next time I won't wear a hoodie and I'll lose the eye twitch. Lol.

That would piss me off for sure. I've never tried to buy a gun there, but I do buy ammo occasionally when the prices are good. For instance, because of this thread I stopped in to grab 3 more boxes of the Fed Automatch .22 since that is an excellent price even though I didn't "need" any .22 at all. I follow the NES philosophy of "buy it cheap, stack it deep!"

Additionally..,....fed automatch 22 is one of the most reliable brands I've found. It's accurate enough for plate shoots........it's the reliability that gets you good scores on plate shoot day.....and I honestly can't remember the last time I had malfunction in my 10-22 using fed automatch! The reliabity is that good.

Additionally..,....fed automatch 22 is one of the most reliable brands I've found. It's accurate enough for plate shoots........it's the reliability that gets you good scores on plate shoot day.....and I honestly can't remember the last time I had malfunction in my 10-22 using fed automatch! The reliabity is that good.

Thanks, that's good to know. I have shot about the equivalent of one box so far and it seemed really decent, especially for the price. I started buying the Automatch about a year ago because it was all that was available at the stores I frequent, but didn't shoot a whole lot of since I try to burn through older stock first.[wink]

Thanks whacko that's good to know. I guess I will buy more.

I bought a Maverick 88 from Dicks when I got my FID and they just walked me to the register once 4473 was done.

+1

AutoMatch is good stuff. Yea you get the occasional under charged round, but I must shoot close to 7-10k rounds a year of it and its great in both my M&P .22, SR22 and AR15 using CMMG conversion kit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom