Lost Treasures Gun + Coin in Pawtucket

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

Relatively unheard of shop. I'm having a gun shipped to these guys as I live ten minutes away. $25 transfer fee. Full back wall of mostly older, hopefully C&R eligible long guns. Half of the pistols are modern, half are older. They also are a gold buyer and an antiques dealer.

Easy access via 95. If you're coming from 95S or South Attleboro, you basically get off the highway or drive down Middle Street for 1000 feet then park on the street in front of the shop.

This is the kind of place where I'd suggest bringing your FFL03 if you visit.

Lost Treasures

Last edited by a moderator:
Effective this afternoon, 3/23/20, Lost Treasures is closed to new business. Call the shop if you have a question, the owner is still in the shop processing paperwork. Re-opening expected after the virus and governor's executive order.

Will do.

I would get the RI permit if it wasn’t a PIA with the range requirement and possession in a state park wasn’t verboten.

Bob

The RI shooting test isn't that hard. Spend a couple weeks doing dry fire drills with a .45ACP and you'll probably pass. There's three indoor ranges in RI now and I believe all of them offer carry permit qualification as a service. These are Sakonnet in Tiverton, Elite in South Kingstown, and MidState in Coventry. In and out in a day, hopefully.

I've never heard of not being able to carry in RI state parks before? Do you know the applicable statute?

Chapter 11-47 - Index of Sections

The last few years we have been camping in RI. If we continue I will probably pursue the permit and do the qual while I’m down there. I have my C&R and that is supposed to be reason enough for a state permit but I don’t want to have to deal with a denial either.

It isn’t prohibited by statute but it’s in the rules and regs.

Most private campgrounds prohibit weapons but when it comes to private campgrounds I just ignore it.

Bob

Section 11 - Firearms and Archery Equipment
11.1 Possession of a firearm or bow and arrow is prohibited in the state parks unless otherwise authorized in these Regulations, see sections 11.1, 16.13 or with a special use permit issued by the director or designee. In addition to above, blank guns are permitted for the purpose of dog training in designated areas from January 1st to September 30th. 11.3 Possession of a loaded firearm, or a firearm from the magazine of which all shells or cartridges have not been removed, in or on any vehicle or conveyance while in or upon any part of a public reservation is prohibited. 11.4 No person shall hunt or trap or carry firearms within a public reservation unless in possession of a valid hunting or trapping license and other official written permission as required. (See Section 16, Hunting Regulations and current Abstract of Wildlife Laws.)

http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/bnatres/fishwild/pdf/ma0610.pdf

Back
Top Bottom