Lost power this morning...twice

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
WTF? A couple of inches of wet snow and we lose power...twice. I don't even want to think about what would happen in a real storm. [rolleyes]

I am pissed because I was supposed to work from home today but due to the power outage I had to drag my ass in to work.

Thanks National Grid!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At work, waiting to lunch to see what is on or off at my house. Currently in the Greenfield area there is wires down everywhere.

MrsWildweasel

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At work, waiting to lunch to see what is on or off at my house. Currently in the Greenfield area there is wires down everywhere.
Northampton too. Ours has been going out off and on. Just waiting for it to go out totally.
Then again we have 10 plus inches here to and it is really heavy snow.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have a shoe box sized UPS with heavy battery on every expensive piece of electrical equipment I own. $60 is good protection for a $1K computer and a $3K HDTV

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My servers and all of the networking equipment in the basement runs on a couple of APC UPS boxes. That only provides enough power to and time to allow me to a gracefully shutdown.

Turbocharged

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My servers and all of the networking equipment in the basement runs on a couple of APC UPS boxes. That only provides enough power to and time to allow me to a gracefully shutdown.
I barely have enough time for that. I only have 1 server, which acts as a file storage/backup server, but there are a couple other things plugged into a small UPS that really needs new batteries. I figure it can keep the server running for between 5 and 10 minutes.
Luckily the server is connected to the UPS and has a UPS monitoring program, which will start the shutdown if power is out for more than 1 minute. Otherwise I would have to make a mad dash to the server to shut it down.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Luckily the server is connected to the UPS and has a PSU monitoring program, which will start the shutdown if power is out for more than 1 minute. Otherwise I would have to make a mad dash to the server to shut it down.
Unfortunately I have to make the mad dash in order to do a proper shutdown. Once I figure out how to automate the shutdown for my VMware server I won't have to do that.

Top Bottom