• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost my dear wife

Happened over a week ago and I'm trying to get my act together. Dorothy was 82 and we had a great marriage for 59 years. Having a close family helps, and the sons, wives and grandkids are helping me and themselves cope with this. Per her instructions we had her cremated and she is home with me in a large wooden urn. I chose that because it's big enough for two. Comes my turn, I'll join her in there and we'll be together again. Sorry to be bending your ear, my NES family, but it helps a bit to let it out. Jack

Very sorry for your loss Jack.

Please accept my sincerest condolences. Though we don’t know each other, I can tell by what you typed, and how you typed it, that you are a man worthy of respect, and she a woman of real character. No doubt the two of you are an example of grace, and dignity.

My thoughts and prayers heading your way Jack. I too have been given an amazing wife and cannot imagine what it would be like to say goodbye to her. God bless you and your family.

Jack,
I wish you peace of mind and the comfort of 59 years of memories. My wife and I will celebrate 39 years this year. I think a lot about what life would be like without her after all this time. You have support here! Reach out with a PM anytime!

Jack
I was right where you are three years ago when I lost my wife of 25 years. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Your friends & family will help you through this, mine did.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom