Lost my baby girl on Sunday

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
http://www.valleybreeze.com/2017-02-14/cumberland-lincoln-area/layla-angela-charette-cumberland#.WKN3VhiZNE4

[h=1]Layla Angela Charette – Cumberland[/h]

Layla Angela Charette, age 5, was granted her angel wings on February 12, 2017, following a sudden illness. Her final days were spent surrounded by family and friends that Layla had touched in some way throughout her short, yet very memorable life.
Layla’s life would seem too short to many, but those who were touched by her understood that the quality of existence far exceeds the quantity of time in which one lives. Her gentle smile and sparkling eyes could melt the hearts of those around her. With Layla’s passing we want to remind others that her life is one to be celebrated. Although we will miss her every day, she will forever remain in our hearts and watch over us.
Layla was created with love by her best friends and parents, BJ and Alaina (Kayata) Charette of Cumberland, her Mimi and Pa, Nicholas and Joyce (Law) Kayata, her Nana, Margaret (Tampsett) Robitaille and her husband, Gerry of Blackstone, Mass., her uncle “Joe” and godfather, Joseph Kayata, and his wife, Meghan, of Cranston and their two children Kellan and Hudson Kayata, her auntie “De” and godmother, Deanna Law of Providence, and her aunt, Jennifer, and family. She also leaves behind many aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and extended family. She was the granddaughter of the late Emile Charette.
Layla especially enjoyed “Monday Night Dinner” (MND) with her family which included food, dance parties and Layla’s favorite game, “Pass.” Around the dinner table were, Mommy, Daddy, Mimi, Pa, Uncle Joe, Auntie Meghan, KK, Baby Hudson, Uncle Ron, Auntie Sue, Auntie De, Auntie B., Uncle Mike, and sometimes Katie, Greg, and the other Katie. This “MND Crew” will continue this tradition in her honor.
She leaves behind many teachers and friends she made from storytime at the Cumberland Public Library and Phantom Farms, preschool at OCYL, kindergarten at Community School and karate class at Kensho-Ryu. She had a special connection to Miss Debra, Miss Tracey, Mrs. Elliott, Mrs. B., Miss Noury, Miss F., Mrs. Broadbent and Sensei Erik. These people enriched her curiosity and love of learning.
Although Layla’s time on this earth was cut short, she accomplished more in five years than some do in an entire lifetime. She was a blessing to all, and was the epitome of unconditional love. Layla saw no color, disability, or difference in people. She was an old soul and saw the good in everyone.
A family friendly celebration will be held at the J. J. Duffy Funeral Home, 757 Mendon Road, Rt. 122, Cumberland on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, from 1 to 4 p.m. If Layla touched your life or your child’s life, we invite you to attend this memorial celebration. Although Layla’s body will not be present, her spirit will surround us. Anyone who may have pictures, videos, or memories to share, please bring them with you.
At the request of the family, kindly omit all flowers. Donations may be made in her memory to Layla's Dream, at https://www.gofundme.com/laylas-dream and https://www.gofundme.com/for-sweet-little-layla.
The family would like to express their sincere gratitude to Dr. Lee, Nurse Katie and Dr. Angie for giving her the “full-court press” and treating her as if she were their own.
Online Memorial: jjduffyfuneralhome.com .

bandaid bandit

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wish I could say something that could make things a little better, but there's no words for something like this. Thoughts and prayers.

193rdsoldier

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you have the support to cope with this tragedy.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am speechless. I cannot even begin to imagine the sorry and loss you and your family are experiencing. May G_D bless you and your family in this dire time. You, your family and Layla will be in my prayers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prayers, not sure I can add much more then others have already said. Thoughts and prayers with you and family...

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Me and mine sending prayers for you and yours. What a horrible thing to happen and for your family to endure. Such a beautiful, beautiful little girl. I'm very sorry.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Moderator, I am truly sorry for your loss. I am a mom of 3, and I could not even imagine the level of grief you are experiencing. I respect the strength and compassion of your post. If there is a fund or charity for Layla that your collective NES family can contribute to, please post.. Thoughts and prayers, Grapes

MAEMT86

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't know you personally but I am truly saddened when I read your post. May she rest in eternal sunshine and happiness.

Top Bottom