• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost gun, found...Police Investigating

Better question is what kind of special do you need to be lose a handgun unless its been stolen? I've been carrying almost daily since I get my LTC two years ago and my gun never leaves my holster unless I'm home playing with it.

I saw something similar on Alaska State Troopers. They had surveillance footage of a nice 1911 falling off the side of a pick up truck and landing in the middle of a busy intersection. They tracked down the owner and gave it back to him.

Wanna bet it's a LEO?

When I was a teenager I wound up babysitting for half a dozen kids, while my mom and dad, the the cop around the corner and his wife, scoured the neighborhood for his service piece. It was found 50 minutes drive away, where it finally broke free from the roof rack of his car and landed in the gutter right outside his station house.

I don't know how that ended.

IDK ask the Holyoke , MA cop that " lost " a sniper rifle and then left his hadgun in a bathroom at the Holyoke Mall .
Remember that he is a cop and with that title comes entitlements. He is entitled to an unrestricted LTC, unlike the rest of us. If he is Civil Service, good luck getting rid of him. Those of us in what columnist Howie Carr calls the "Dreaded Private Sector" are not so lucky. If this guy in Hyannis is identified, the loss of his LTC may be the least of his problems. He may be criminally charged for improper storage, failure to report loss of firearm, etc. If charged, his job and paycheck may also be in jeopardy. Unless, of course, he turns out to be a cop! [wink]

Better question is what kind of special do you need to be lose a handgun unless its been stolen? I've been carrying almost daily since I get my LTC two years ago and my gun never leaves my holster unless I'm home playing with it.

A better question might be: when you have carried for twenty or more years, you might be surprised how stuff happens. It depends on a lot of other factors. People show up at airports with loaded guns in backpacks.

I've seen enough "gun handling" in too many situations to know that things like this do happen, and it happens sometimes to the most unlikely people. Once you assume it could never happen to you, you become a prime candidate. You always have to be aware that you are carrying, and sometimes complacency overrules awareness.

Put it on the roof of car and drove off.
Losing gun = unsuitable.
Failure to report loss or theft of gun = unsuitable.
I would imagine............

Well it did say there was not a round in the chamber...

This dude needs to fondle his guns more often:

I am skeptical that guns went missing from his safe...that is too convenient for the officer with 4 missing guns. If a citizen had 4 missing guns the story would sound quite different, but since its a PoPo I guess we should just believe whatever we are told. What crap.

I found a nice pistol, complete with case at the range one day. The owner did not know it was missing until I called him. He left the paperwork from the gun shop in the case.

Back
Top Bottom