• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost, found, recovered, and returned firearm

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
Story from the Falmouth ME police Facebook

Reasons to have a legit holster, not a cheap uncle miles or otherwise flimsy one.

Earlier this week, officers from the Falmouth Police Department responded to a local restaurant after an attentive employee located a firearm left behind by a customer in the dining room. The employee did an exceptional job securing the area while officers responded, ensuring the safety of other patrons.

The weapon, which was a loaded handgun, was safely recovered by Falmouth Police. Following a brief investigation, the gun’s owner was identified and contacted. After consulting with our partners at the Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office, the firearm was returned to the owner along with safety guidance about responsible gun ownership.

We share this story to remind all of those who choose to carry a firearm to please invest in a quality holster. Please also prioritize the importance of weapon retention. We are thankful this situation did not result in a gun being found by an unsuspecting child or by someone with negative intentions. As a friendly reminder, the Falmouth Police Department is proud to offer free gun locks through Project Childsafe and they are available at anytime in our lobby at 2 Marshall Drive.

FB_IMG_1617659005591.jpg

Last edited:
Post didn't say

Boo, how am I supposed to find gun friendly restaraunts and adopt lonely pew pews?
There are no two tone ppks. That's probably one of those bulgarian mak clones or something similar. Whole thing smells very flinty, though.
Sure there are, just not from the factory. I'm thinking the guy that dropped this thinks electrical tape is a substitute for grips.

Story from the Falmouth MA police Facebook

Reasons to have a legit holster, not a cheap uncle miles or otherwise flimsy one.

Earlier this week, officers from the Falmouth Police Department responded to a local restaurant after an attentive employee located a firearm left behind by a customer in the dining room. The employee did an exceptional job securing the area while officers responded, ensuring the safety of other patrons.

The weapon, which was a loaded handgun, was safely recovered by Falmouth Police. Following a brief investigation, the gun’s owner was identified and contacted. After consulting with our partners at the Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office, the firearm was returned to the owner along with safety guidance about responsible gun ownership.

We share this story to remind all of those who choose to carry a firearm to please invest in a quality holster. Please also prioritize the importance of weapon retention. We are thankful this situation did not result in a gun being found by an unsuspecting child or by someone with negative intentions. As a friendly reminder, the Falmouth Police Department is proud to offer free gun locks through Project Childsafe and they are available at anytime in our lobby at 2 Marshall Drive.

View attachment 469345

This might be Falmouth Maine (Cumberland County) as Falmouth Mass. is Barnstable County

No Massachusetts PD gives you your gun back with a chipper “be more careful next time fella”
Yeah, not unless the gun dropper is connected, LE, politician or something. Then it doesn't even show in the news.

It’s ironic that I see this thread when just the other day I went to DQ with my daughter and grabbed the Seecamp and stuck it in my pocket. I was wearing sweats and when I got home the pistol was laying on the seat of the car. I had it in a well known custom leather pocket holster. I won’t be doing that again.

The employee did an exceptional job securing the area while officers responded, ensuring the safety of other patrons.
Props to the restaurant guy for securing the area exceptionally.
^ This.

How many times you think the busboy had to tackle the pistol
before it stopped resisting and waited quietly for the police to arrive?

^ This.

How many times you think the busboy had to tackle the pistol
before it stopped resisting and waited quietly for the police to arrive?
If this was MA, the story would read something like:

"Heroic police officers arrest man, shoot dog after no knock raid at 3:00 am due to a gun that was left behind and traced to XYZ"

At my old job one of the stores in Manchester called me.

Someone had returned one of the "knock off" plano cases that we sold with their pistol in it. Cannot for the life of me remember what pistol it was. They grabbed some nitrile gloves and made sure it was unloaded and placed it back in the case and into the safe. I don't think we could find out who the customer was who returned it so Manchester PD came by to get it about 3 days later.

Now I'm wishing I got a shout out for securing the pistol case exceptionally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom