Lost AR 15 take down pin detent

So I'm starting my first build for an AR 15 and wouldn't you know it? One of the detents for the take down pin goes flying across the room. Now I've got a better shot of finding Elvis than finding that pin, and with the retarded-ness going on right now I can't even order a freaking replacement pin on line. Anybody have any suggestions for me? I'm sure I'm not the first (or the last) person this has happened to

It happened to me. My solution was to grab my flash light, get down on my belly, and spend 10 minutes going over every inch of the floor looking for it. That probably won't work if you have carpet.

Call around to some local stores.

I'm sure if you contact a lpk company you can buy one...
I got a replacement roll pin for the gas piston kit I bought . Heck I'm getting it mailed to me for free lol.

a bit late.... but when assembling lowers.... put the thing in a gallon sized ziplock when inserting the shooty springy pieces....

A 1/4" clevis pin from the hardware store will keep that from happening again. They run about a quarter, works exactly like the tool designed for that job, but for a lot less money.

Back
Top Bottom