Lost a good one tonight.

Sorry to create another one of these. I would’ve put it in the heavy feline content thread, but she deserves her own post.

My beloved little girl, Chloe, succumbed to a brief battle with congenital heart failure this evening. We had to make a very tough choice in a matter of minutes. I love what pets add to my life, but hate the harsh realities that accompany the companionship.
I’m still in shock.
She was 17, amazing, and absolutely one of a kind.
She had a knack for scratching at my gun bags when I was prepping for a range trip, helping with target selection, and laying on my back after a long day’s work.
Hug your fur friends tonight.
Cheers to you, Chicken. 🍻

EDA0CE15-41B9-4798-8CC0-A8C5FB3D7DB3.jpeg3A49DF53-EE3E-4093-BD29-A1EA141C7C5B.jpeg
3B28993A-95F2-47BA-87F1-DB0F4E00002D.jpeg1F7B524B-840A-4797-982F-44443C5AECCE.jpeg7724F53D-1335-454C-9454-F029A44E6506.jpeg87281C2F-FA59-4E54-A7BB-155A081D6E23.jpeg

I’m sorry for your loss, sir. She looks like she was a very sweet kitty, and obviously infatuated with you.

I lost two of the best animals I ever had the pleasure of knowing last year...I don’t know if it was everything else that was going on, or what, but I have been absolutely devastated over losing them and I literally walk around every day feeling like a shell off myself without them.

I always used to think it was silly that animals could mean so much to humans...but their companionship is unparalleled by even our closest family.

You gave the best advice...love them with what you can, while you can. Every day with them is a gift.

Sorry to hear, it really is heartbreaking to lose a pet. They truly are family members. 17 is a good run. Certainly looks like she had a great home. Love the colors on her nose.

We’re pretty sure she stole her tail from a raccoon. While she was considered a domestic short hair, she was without a doubt a Turkish Van. Their markings are superbly fascinating.

I’m sorry for your loss, sir. She looks like she was a very sweet kitty, and obviously infatuated with you.

I lost two of the best animals I ever had the pleasure of knowing last year...I don’t know if it was everything else that was going on, or what, but I have been absolutely devastated over losing them and I literally walk around every day feeling like a shell off myself without them.

I always used to think it was silly that animals could mean so much to humans...but their companionship is unparalleled by even our closest family.

You gave the best advice...love them with what you can, while you can. Every day with them is a gift.

The wife and I aren’t want for bipedal children. The cats were our kids, until they weren’t. We’ll have more some day. There are always rescues out there, somewhere.

You’re not wrong, I’ve grieved far longer and harder for my “pets” (quadrupedal children) than many extended family members. Proximity?

Sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. Time does help to heal the pain.

You think you know what to expect, but it’s always a surprise, regardless of circumstances.
We lost our other cat, Kodi, about 18 months ago. He fought feline lymphoma for over a year. That battle was tough, the decision practically made for us.
This was much quicker but a far harder decision. It all sucks equally.

Sorry for your loss. I know that pain all too well. I've never been more heartbroken in my life than I was last month when we had to put our 6 yr old dog down. He started losing his vision due to glaucoma and growled at me/biting at nothing and we couldn't trust him around the baby.

ugh I hate even thinking of it.

/ramble. My condolences.

My daughter picked this guy up from the shelter when he was 12 weeks old. She said that we needed something to liven up the house after my ex wife left for greener pastures. He's 10 now and I know I'll be devastated when his time comes. Pets become family and can give love in their own way, and they can be turds too when they want just as humans can.
Sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• 20210330_213915.jpg
    20210330_213915.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1
I look at my puppies now, (3 & 2), and hope that I'll have years with them; they're so much a part of our lives - and one of the best parts.

Sorry for your loss, your house will seem empty for quite a while.

So sorry for you loss. Losing a beloved pets is one of the hardest things in the world.
I immediately run out and adopt another needy one, it's the only thing that lessens the pain for me. Sparky is stretched out on my lap as I eat my breakfast and type this.

Back
Top Bottom