• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loser campus cop checks me for having an empty holster on college campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well OP. MAYBE he was trying to give you a friendly explanation of the updated consequences of carrying on a Campus with the bullshit Mass laws. Sure... you didn't have a gun in holster this time....but even printing, all he had to do was demand your LTC and then your dumb ass probably would have thought you could carry there and played show and tell. Then got cuffed and cried.
He doesn't have an ltc he has an fid with carry card.... whatever the f*** that is. 🙄

Last edited:

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here, figured id share an interesting incident that happened to me recently.

I work for a towing company in Worcester. I spend all day towing jalopies in the meanest streets there are, ive been threatened multiple times. A few years ago i got my FID and carry card and now i keep my XD40 on me daily.

Last night i get a call to come tow some drunk college chicks car on WPI campus grounds. I hate taking these calls because i have to bring my gun home and lock it up in the safe in order to comply. So i go home, unholster the gun, unload it, and lock it in the safe. I leave my holster on because i was gonna come back for it later. So i do all that and drive back to the call.

Im 3/4 way done with chaining down this chicks mazda, when this WPI cop strolls up, this dude looks like a total JBT thug, black uniform, black vest, long ass hair tied in a bun, icey black lifeless eyes, he smells like a weird-ass combo of gym bag, cigarettes and potpourri, and has rubber bands all over the grip of his pistol, i can only assume for hplster retention purposes.

He proceeds to give me a hard time over an empty holster! When he walks up he says "hey borther, your blaster is printing pretty bad under your shirt." I showed him that it was an empty holster and he gives me this really sad disappointed look like he's upset that he cant arrest me for carrying on school property, and goes back to his car.

Eat shit JBT thug.
1. What the f*** is an fid and carry card?
2. The cop saw your holster thinking it was a gun and asked you about it.....you showed him an empty holster....and he left. That's a "hard time"?!?!? Your way to f***ing sensitive dude.

Doesn't matter how much "power of arrest" he has if he gets disarmed and knocked out by someone who really knows how to fight and the ins and outs of level 3 retention holsters
Remember, your gun is yours until the bad guy or group of them takes it away and uses it on you. Some Methuen cop named Hendrick learned that the hard way, according to what I have been told. Shot and permanently crippled with his own service weapon.

The man bun must make him very popular with the kids.

Most campus cops are in it for the college girls. Or in some cases the college boys. Given the man bun comments, guessing the latter [laugh]

I knew one quite well back in the late 80s he claimed to score one at least every week. Although he was known to exaggerate...

Most campus cops are in it for the college girls. Or in some cases the college boys. Given the man bun comments, guessing the latter [laugh]

I knew one quite well back in the late 80s he claimed to score one at least every week. Although he was known to exaggerate...
Don't shit where you eat ...lol. The man bun tells me everything about that Dept...
.His friends call it a handle.

A few years ago, going into Cambridge Family Court, I forgot my empty CCW holster on me. The security guard did a double take and I forget what he exactly said, but I believe he searched me over like 2 times to make sure I wasn't smuggling my CCW inside lol.

Reactions: AHM
"How to loose a guy in 30 days." Tie crappier knots. (or is that nots?)
tve9529-19630211-20.jpg

A few years ago, going into Cambridge Family Court, I forgot my empty CCW holster on me. The security guard did a double take
Concealed means concealed.
Well, so much for that theory.

I hope Towman isn't one of those loser tow truck drivers that puts his flashy lights on just because he has a car on the deck. The only reason I can think any loser tow truck driver would drive around with his flashy lights on just because he has a car up on the deck is because those flashy lights make his pee pee hard

I hope Towman isn't one of those loser tow truck drivers that puts his flashy lights on just because he has a car on the deck. The only reason I can think any loser tow truck driver would drive around with his flashy lights on just because he has a car up on the deck is because those flashy lights make his pee pee hard
SS Tom coming in with the dick joke, did nazi that coming.

The title- Police Officer - should only be assigned to those sworn members of agencies which are responsible for law enforcement in states-cities or towns and villages.
Keep in mind the system in MA does not accept your conclusion. Private sworn forces have full police status in MA and can shoot your dog / charge you with resisting arrest / assault on a police officer / failure to stop for a police officer / etc. and all those various crimes that can only be committed against a "real" police officer. There is no law "failure to stop for a private security guard".

Pay attention to patches, car markings, etc. If you see the word "security" instead of "police", or the marked vehicle they are driving has nomenclature like "Public Safety" rather than "Police", those are called clues.

Doesn't matter how much "power of arrest" he has if he gets disarmed and knocked out by someone who really knows how to fight and the ins and outs of level 3 retention holsters
Remember, your gun is yours until the bad guy or group of them takes it away and uses it on you. Some Methuen cop named Hendrick learned that the hard way, according to what I have been told. Shot and permanently crippled with his own service weapon.
Actually, it matters a lot when it comes prosecution time.

Keep in mind the system in MA does not accept your conclusion. Private sworn forces have full police status in MA and can shoot your dog / charge you with resisting arrest / assault on a police officer / failure to stop for a police officer / etc. and all those various crimes that can only be committed against a "real" police officer. There is no law "failure to stop for a private security guard".

Pay attention to patches, car markings, etc. If you see the word "security" instead of "police", or the marked vehicle they are driving has nomenclature like "Public Safety" rather than "Police", those are called clues.

The title -Police Officer- should/MUST only reference those sworn members of governmental (public-the body politic) law enforcement agencies-state/cities/towns/villages-everyone else is- something or someone else.

The fact that this needs to be clarified is astounding to me, even on this forum.

Years ago-perhaps still- some cities/towns were known to issue ltc's restricted to 'personal protection' for railroad/campus and other private organizations-guesses as to why? as a hint Police Officers were issued 'protection' cards.

The title -Police Officer- should/MUST only reference those sworn members of governmental (public-the body politic) law enforcement agencies-state/cities/towns/villages-everyone else is- something or someone else.

The fact that this needs to be clarified is astounding to me, even on this forum.
My comments are not an opinion as to how things should be, but an observation as to how they are in MA.

Reactions: AHM

Most of those "crimes" like resisting arrest get double-flushed either at arraignment or shortly thereafter. Bogus add-on charges. Judges and seasoned defense attorneys are fully aware of the games cops like to play on the unwary.

Most of those "crimes" like resisting arrest get double-flushed either at arraignment or shortly thereafter. Bogus add-on charges. Judges and seasoned defense attorneys are fully aware of the games cops like to play on the unwary.

Not really... if it's a well written report with clear active and specific resistance, it still flies. The stuff that gets flushed is disorderly/disturbing/resisting combo. Colloquially known as 'Being an a**h*** in the night'

Not really... if it's a well written report with clear active and specific resistance, it still flies. The stuff that gets flushed is disorderly/disturbing/resisting combo. Colloquially known as 'Being an a**h*** in the night'
I have heard of "resisting" and DUI charges when the person was actually having a medical episode behind the wheel. Can happen to diabetics when the glucose level fluctuates. Person seems drunk or drugged.

I have heard of "resisting" and DUI charges when the person was actually having a medical episode behind the wheel. Can happen to diabetics when the glucose level fluctuates. Person seems drunk or drugged.

Oh.... like Graham v. Connor? It's the cornerstone of Police Use of Force.

Eta: 15 years on job and I've seen that once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.... like Graham v. Connor? It's the cornerstone of Police Use of Force.
My older son dated a young lady who was putting herself through nursing school and gaining valuable medical experience by working as a paramedic.Needless to say, she saw her share of action. On one of her calls, a middle aged and obese woman had been pulled over for erratic driving. She did not get out of the vehicle as the cop yelled at her over a PA system, attracting the attention of witnesses. When she got out, she collapsed. Cop continued to yell and told her to get up. He picked her up bodily and she collapsed a second time, taking both of them to the ground. Violent drunk? High on drugs? Hardly that. Poor lady was on her way into a diabetic coma. Her bad knee, the result of a trampoline accident as a girl, gave way under her weight. The hero in blue wanted to charge her with DWI, resisting arrest and A&B. He was going to take her straight to jail. She was taken to the hospital instead, at the insistence of the paramedics. Thankfully, the ER doctors were able to save her.

My older son dated a young lady who was putting herself through nursing school and gaining valuable medical experience by working as a paramedic.Needless to say, she saw her share of action. On one of her calls, a middle aged and obese woman had been pulled over for erratic driving. She did not get out of the vehicle as the cop yelled at her over a PA system, attracting the attention of witnesses. When she got out, she collapsed. Cop continued to yell and told her to get up. He picked her up bodily and she collapsed a second time, taking both of them to the ground. Violent drunk? High on drugs? Hardly that. Poor lady was on her way into a diabetic coma. Her bad knee, the result of a trampoline accident as a girl, gave way under her weight. The hero in blue wanted to charge her with DWI, resisting arrest and A&B. He was going to take her straight to jail. She was taken to the hospital instead, at the insistence of the paramedics. Thankfully, the ER doctors were able to save her.

Right. No one is saying it doesn't happen... but let's be honest. It's extremely rare in the diabetes case. Was the cop wrong? Sure

Its a Massachusetts thing. Campus police (as well as railroad police) are generally sworn officers with all the power and immunity that implies - even at private colleges.

The upside is that as real police they can't use things like "internal search warrant issued by the school" and have to (supposedly) follow the law.

You are in error.

You are in error.
I am very interested in learning where you consider me to be in error so I can try to figure out which one of us is wrong.

Are you stating that my claim they have full police powers is inaccurate, or are you saying they can do things like use an "internally issued warrant issued by the school" (i.e., letter from a dean authorizing a search). Or do you mean to imply that not stopping for a campus sworn LEO will not result in "Failure to stop for a police officer" charge? (remember, there is no crime "failure to stop for a private security guard"). Or, perhaps do you mean that these sworn police can be arrested for carrying a gun onto the property of a school other than the one they work at? Details and specifics please.

Or, are you saying they would be held accountable, rather than being told "glad you made it home safe" if they shot Pommeranian Phydeaux?

Very interested in details/corrections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom