Lori Laughlin

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry....I just don't see any problem with it. If you view college as a private for profit institution.....is it wrong to slip your mechanic a c-note to get your car get fixed before the rest of the schmoes who can't afford to?

The main thing though is...if Lori is found guilty where does this leave Liz? She pretty much is guilty of the same crime in the same environment, and is garnering significant support in her quest for President of the United States for God's sake.

If Lori is found guilty, would it not immediately become incumbent on Liawatha to resign from the race, or God forbid, the job? Would Lori's lawyer be wise to bring this discrepancy in justice to light during trial?

rommel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry....I just don't see any problem with it. If you view college as a private for profit institution.....is it wrong to slip your mechanic a c-note to get your car get fixed before the rest of the schmoes who can't afford to?

The main thing though is...if Lori is found guilty where does this leave Liz? She pretty much is guilty of the same crime in the same environment, and is garnering significant support in her quest for President of the United States for God's sake.

If Lori is found guilty, would it not immediately become incumbent on Liawatha to resign from the race, or God forbid, the job? Would Lori's lawyer be wise to bring this discrepancy in justice to light during trial?

I did not see the issue at first. If private college, she should be able to make a "donation" to the college and the college has the right to accept or deny admission to anyone they see fit. If it was done that way then everyone should be off the hook. I think the problem arose when these parents were paying people to falsify tests and bribing people to get back door entry to the schools. The schools were accepting these kids based off of lies, deciept and bribes. Some schools legitamately thought they were accepting students who scored very very high on the SAT's. Problem was that their parents paid to have the SAT score falsified. In the end, this was still blown way out of proportion. The worst I see is that a handful of kids had to go to their second choice for college out of the millions of kids who attended college. I guess I could make an argument that some colleges got screwed too, they missed out on getting "donations" because of a back door scheme.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The thing that you should pay attention to is the threats from the government she is getting for choosing her right for trial. Plead guilty and get two weeks. Dare to ask for your day in court and money laundering and charging her kids come in to play.
knuckle under to the government or they will lock you up for a long time.....

Last edited:

fitzknny

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the Virtue signaling from the
The " Enlightened Left " . . . amongst whom many no doubt did the same thing . . . but their very very special. ?[flame]

Last edited:

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0

She cheated the IRS by claiming that her bribe was actually a donation to a non-profit.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The thing that you should pay attention to is the threats from the government she is getting for choosing her right for trial. Plead guilty and get two weeks. Dare to ask for you day in court and money laundering and charging her kids come in to play.
yah, that's how they got that kid Aaron Swartz to kill himself

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The thing that you should pay attention to is the threats from the government she is getting for choosing her right for trial. Plead guilty and get two weeks. Dare to ask for you day in court and money laundering and charging her kids come in to play.
Yeah, the process itself is the punishment.

That said, they likely have her and her hubby on tape. They've got her dead to rights.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
She tried to buy a good life for her kid. Who cares?

I honestly thought you could buy your way into college, all the movies make it seem like a thing. I never pursued it because of my hatred of colleges and lack of enough money to bribe anyone of note.

On the other hand, Hollywood liberal, so capital punishment is fine by me.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
She tried to buy a good life for her kid. Who cares?

I honestly thought you could buy your way into college, all the movies make it seem like a thing. I never pursued it because of my hatred of colleges and lack of enough money to bribe anyone of note.

On the other hand, Hollywood liberal, so capital punishment is fine by me.

Normally, it involves giving a "donation" to the college, to build a new wing of some building or something like that. For some reason, that kind of bribe is acceptable.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well.....I'm not really clear on a couple things. I get the IRS thing....I guess. What I'm not so sure about...I believe she hired a "consulting firm" to "guide" the application process. Are we certain she knew there was dirty dealings going on? It's entirely possible the thing went down like you hired a guide to get you a deer, and unbeknownst to you he put a shitload of apples behind that tree over yonder.

I also wonder...are we so sure she's a liberal? Seems her husband ( co-defendant?) is a MAGA guy. A quick Google gives me no indication of her political leanings, although she does appear to be somewhat a religious person.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
She tried to buy a good life for her kid.
1) She didn't follow the rules. If she'd donated that $500k directly to University of Spoiled Children, she wouldn't be facing charges. Her kids might have, or might not have, gotten in as a result of her donation.

2) She cheated the IRS. By claiming that her bribe was a donation to a "charity", she didn't pay taxes on it. That is basically stealing from the rest of us.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
1) She didn't follow the rules. If she'd donated that $500k directly to University of Spoiled Children, she wouldn't be facing charges. Her kids might have, or might not have, gotten in as a result of her donation.

2) She cheated the IRS. By claiming that her bribe was a donation to a "charity", she didn't pay taxes on it. That is basically stealing from the rest of us.

That's so sad! The poor IRS. O whatever shall it do?

:rolleyes:o_O

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
What did she cheat the IRS on, the tax for the transaction intended to fund the fraud? Meh.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What did she cheat the IRS on, the tax for the transaction intended to fund the fraud? Meh.
She declared the $500k as a charitable donation, deducting it from her taxes, when she knew darn well that it wasn’t a charitable donation.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That’s stupid/ballsy. You’re asking to get caught taking it as a deduction. I wonder if she was trying to justify the cash movements more than get the tax benefit. Presumably the people providing the “service” here were behind the fake charity idea?

Top Bottom