• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looting report threads?

seanc

NES Member
I have read several places that there has been looting happening. ESP San Francisco. But, it seems this is being mentioned more in passing and as a given.
i have not seen any main stream media outlets reporting on this.

is there a general blackout on reporting here?

i just read a thread on Twitter that the high end retail section are in the process of locking down and installing plywood over all of the doors and windows in expectation of or in reaction to looting that already happening.

anybody have insight?

Ive seen the same thing. Boards ups with no looting. Im thinking its just businesses being proactive since theyre shut down with no one there on a daily basis and no real end in sight. Places like InfoWars and Zerohedge like to stir up shit.

I haven't heard many reports of outright "looting", but that usually goes along with rioting, people in the streets grabbing stuff because it's convenient and the cops can't control it.
Now burglaries are a different story, those require some effort and pre-planning, and burglaries of businesses are WAY up.

I haven't heard many reports of outright "looting", but that usually goes along with rioting, people in the streets grabbing stuff because it's convenient and the cops can't control it.
Now burglaries are a different story, those require some effort and pre-planning, and burglaries of businesses are WAY up.

maybe I am a little hung up on semantics.

but if you term it as looting, burglary, large scale organized shop lifting. There just seems to be little to no press coverage for what seems like a wide spread problem right now.

maybe I am a little hung up on semantics.

but if you term it as looting, burglary, large scale organized shop lifting. There just seems to be little to no press coverage for what seems like a wide spread problem right now.

Of course not, because the majority of these crimes are not being committed by republicans, and the MSM hasn't yet figured out how to blame them on Trump.

Well, first of all Zappa, Donald Trump created the virus. Then Donald Trump prevented the benevolent Chinese from providing us with infection data and vaccines. Then Donald Trump let loose squads of Sptesnaz commandos provided by his master, Putin, to assassinate random americans with poison darts to create the illusion of a pandemic. Meanwhile, Jarod Kuschner was buying up stock in all the companies that manufacture masks and ventilators to increase the "Trump crime family's" wealth. And so on, and so on, and so on.....

That video is from pre-Covid.

A lot of stores that are open are seeing an uptick in shoplifting but a lot of that is just the dirtbags stick out more.

I imagine if they tell people to stay home beyond May 1 things will start to get ugly.

I always thought "looting" was taking things from a store or business when said store or business was like burning down or had its storefront busted by a riot already. Just taking things from an open store is stealing. Not that the distinction matters all that much, but I'd think a looted store might just file that loss in one claim at least.

I've seen looting, in the aftermath of a civil war: abandoned homes and businesses, and then ruffians show up and grab whatever. During the LA Riots, "looting" was reported that looked an awful lot like B&E on a large scale.

Yes, OP, you're getting hung up on semantics. To me, looting happens when places are abandoned by people who flee, because that's what I've seen before. Noplace in the US, from what I can tell, is actually abandoned yet.

If China should ever invade the US I prey that they take away all our politicians first!
I tell you with no remorse that I would be happy to see the bad ones removed from our midst!

What do you call mass break ins of shut commercial businesses and mass theft of goods from open businesses with little repurcussions?

I’d call it looting. We don’t have riots (yet), so any imagery you associate with looting while rioting doesn’t apply. Bottom line, less police presence, more opportunity, thefts have gone up in NYC and other hard hit areas.

As delightful as it would be to see Chinese soldiers round up and dispatch our elected officials, I think the devil we know is better than the devil we don't know. But I've been wrong before...…...

I've seen looting, in the aftermath of a civil war: abandoned homes and businesses, and then ruffians show up and grab whatever. During the LA Riots, "looting" was reported that looked an awful lot like B&E on a large scale.

Yes, OP, you're getting hung up on semantics. To me, looting happens when places are abandoned by people who flee, because that's what I've seen before. Noplace in the US, from what I can tell, is actually abandoned yet.

Friendly response on semantics. In the 1977 (I think it was?) blackout in NYC, there was massive looting in NYC, which was very much not abandoned. At least I'd call it looting. Does that fit as you see the word?

Friendly response on semantics. In the 1977 (I think it was?) blackout in NYC, there was massive looting in NYC, which was very much not abandoned. At least I'd call it looting. Does that fit as you see the word?

Honestly, no; not without accompanying violence, anyway.

I'm more curious about the overall point of the thread; I've seen no credible reports of what the OP is saying.

If China should ever invade the US I prey that they take away all our politicians first!
I tell you with no remorse that I would be happy to see the bad ones removed from our midst!

Except for the fact, the politicians you would like to see removed are the ones most likely to emulate France's Nazi collaborators during WWII. You don't think Charlie Baker would hesitate to provide foreign invaders with a list of Mass residents who would "benefit" from a trip to a re-education/work camp?

Back
Top Bottom