• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loophole

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Suppose that you live in a RED town in Mass and can't get the LTC unrestricted. Suppose that you rent a small cheap space in the GREEN town next to you. Suppose that you go into the computer repair business and get cards printed up. You now own a business in that GREEN town and might just get the LTC with no restrictions in that town. Just saying. Jack.

Suppose that you live in a RED town in Mass and can't get the LTC unrestricted. Suppose that you rent a small cheap space in the GREEN town next to you. Suppose that you go into the computer repair business and get cards printed up. You now own a business in that GREEN town and might just get the LTC with no restrictions in that town. Just saying. Jack.

This only works if the town your business is in issues "Business" LTCs. Some chiefs balk at doing this or refuse to do it at all. Most people are mum about this for obvious reasons.

The Business LTC wallhack can also be used to circumvent having to obtain a non resident LTC. Business LTCs can be issued to anyone regardless of whether or not they are an MA resident. So if you live in NH or RI or someplace but own a business in MA, you can obtain an LTC as a business owner in MA and dodge all the yearly CJIS renewal crap house. (Business LTC issues for 6 yrs, just like a normal one.)

-Mike

Another option is move out of the state

MRs8njJ.gif

This only works if the town your business is in issues "Business" LTCs. Some chiefs balk at doing this or refuse to do it at all. Most people are mum about this for obvious reasons.

The Business LTC wallhack can also be used to circumvent having to obtain a non resident LTC. Business LTCs can be issued to anyone regardless of whether or not they are an MA resident. So if you live in NH or RI or someplace but own a business in MA, you can obtain an LTC as a business owner in MA and dodge all the yearly CJIS renewal crap house. (Business LTC issues for 6 yrs, just like a normal one.)

-Mike
I've seen regular (not business) LTCs issued to business owners. The greener the town, the more likely that it will happen. The owner of the buildings that I manage lives in hell town (Boston) and got his unresticted LTC here in greentown, USA. No questions asked. I know it's not "automatic", but doable. Jack.

I've seen regular (not business) LTCs issued to business owners.

Well, technically, they are normal LTCs, but issued under a different section of law. I should have been more specific. Instead of "resident" the requirement for issuance is "business owner".

-Mike

Some towns will issue "business" LTCs to residents of other towns only with permission from the chief in the town of residence, so as to not step on the territory of another PD.
I think your idea would be a lot more expensive than just hiring a lawyer...
"Just hiring a lawyer" does not always work. In fact, most "gun attorneys" will tell you that filing a case to have a restriction removed when facing a motivated adversary (think Brookline) is a waste of legal fees, particularly in the MA courts.

Back
Top Bottom