"Loophole Closing" and EFA10 for Lowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother?

As of right now all they know is I have a couple lower receivers. So when they decide they are illegal you don't need to hand over a complete rifle. Just a receiver. Then put your parts in a 80%

Looks like you guys MAY be SCREWED , according to this paper forms are no longer valid?

https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/action/home?app_context=home&app_action=presentHome

But at the bottom is reads this

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Massachusetts law requires all gun owners to report ALL private sales, transfers, and surrenders of firearms to the Massachusetts Firearms Records Bureau via the Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal. Paper FA-10 forms are no longer accepted for these transaction types.

It says nothing about re-registering a firearm you already OWN , only private sales , transfers and surrenders ...

Correct me if that is wrong please

- - - Updated - - -

Why bother?

As of right now all they know is I have a couple lower receivers. So when they decide they are illegal you don't need to hand over a complete rifle. Just a receiver. Then put your parts in a 80%

WINNER ... that is why I am going to do an 80% , if and when I give in and comply I will just hand in the lower I have that I SAW IN HALF , put all the parts on my 80% PAPERWEIGHT ... ;)

Hi all,

So correct me if I'm wrong, but:

What the AG is doing is saying that there may be no more sales from an FFL to a buyer of an "assault weapon" as per the State's definition of an AW.

However, as per Chapter 140 Section 121 of the MGL, a firearm is, " a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged". So, I don't see anything prohibiting me from buying a stripped lower (not considered a firearm), building it and registering it myself a month from now as it wasn't bought but self manufactured. To my knowledge, there is still nothing prohibiting self manufacture, correct?

Hi all,

So correct me if I'm wrong, but:

What the AG is doing is saying that there may be no more sales from an FFL to a buyer of an "assault weapon" as per the State's definition of an AW.

However, as per Chapter 140 Section 121 of the MGL, a firearm is, " a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged". So, I don't see anything prohibiting me from buying a stripped lower (not considered a firearm), building it and registering it myself a month from now as it wasn't bought but self manufactured. To my knowledge, there is still nothing prohibiting self manufacture, correct?

I'm not sure I'd want to be a test case. I only have one stripped lower, so I eFA10'd it. Put caliber as 'multi' and barrel length at 16, which is what it'll eventually be (14.5 + pinned brake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom