• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Loophole Closing" and EFA10 for Lowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother?

As of right now all they know is I have a couple lower receivers. So when they decide they are illegal you don't need to hand over a complete rifle. Just a receiver. Then put your parts in a 80%

Looks like you guys MAY be SCREWED , according to this paper forms are no longer valid?

https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/action/home?app_context=home&app_action=presentHome

But at the bottom is reads this

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Massachusetts law requires all gun owners to report ALL private sales, transfers, and surrenders of firearms to the Massachusetts Firearms Records Bureau via the Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal. Paper FA-10 forms are no longer accepted for these transaction types.

It says nothing about re-registering a firearm you already OWN , only private sales , transfers and surrenders ...

Correct me if that is wrong please

- - - Updated - - -

Why bother?

As of right now all they know is I have a couple lower receivers. So when they decide they are illegal you don't need to hand over a complete rifle. Just a receiver. Then put your parts in a 80%

WINNER ... that is why I am going to do an 80% , if and when I give in and comply I will just hand in the lower I have that I SAW IN HALF , put all the parts on my 80% PAPERWEIGHT ... ;)

Hi all,

So correct me if I'm wrong, but:

What the AG is doing is saying that there may be no more sales from an FFL to a buyer of an "assault weapon" as per the State's definition of an AW.

However, as per Chapter 140 Section 121 of the MGL, a firearm is, " a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged". So, I don't see anything prohibiting me from buying a stripped lower (not considered a firearm), building it and registering it myself a month from now as it wasn't bought but self manufactured. To my knowledge, there is still nothing prohibiting self manufacture, correct?

Hi all,

So correct me if I'm wrong, but:

What the AG is doing is saying that there may be no more sales from an FFL to a buyer of an "assault weapon" as per the State's definition of an AW.

However, as per Chapter 140 Section 121 of the MGL, a firearm is, " a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged". So, I don't see anything prohibiting me from buying a stripped lower (not considered a firearm), building it and registering it myself a month from now as it wasn't bought but self manufactured. To my knowledge, there is still nothing prohibiting self manufacture, correct?

I'm not sure I'd want to be a test case. I only have one stripped lower, so I eFA10'd it. Put caliber as 'multi' and barrel length at 16, which is what it'll eventually be (14.5 + pinned brake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom