• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

The company is owned by a JBT, why are we surprised that they hire JBTs to train others to be JBTs

It probably shouldn't be a surprise. In any event, the facebook crowd doesn't seem to be impressed by Steve Troy's decision to stand behind one of his JBT All-Star instructors. The arfcom crowd doesn't seem to be too happy either.

https://www.facebook.com/TroyIndustriesUSA

I always thought of Troy as making good quality, well designed gun stuff for the military and civilian markets. Aligning themselves with Weis, someone with a politically oriented resume, a track record of being a coward, and a vocal opponent of civilian 2a rights hinted at what they're really about. When you dig deeper you can't help but come to the conclusion that they're clearly on the wrong side when it comes to the fight for constitutional rights. Their fully contemplated decision to stand behind Monroe in the face of their customers' valid objections (anyone who isn't familiar with Ruby Ridge should read up) removed any doubt.

While sort of sad to see a company like Troy get excommunicated like this, it's really the best thing that can happen given the circumstances. They need to be made an example of. Companies in their position are either for us or against us. Many of their competitors realize that, but apparently the shine off of Trooper Troy's own jackboots blinded him.

Not Steve Troy and no I don't wear Jack Boots to work I wear sneakers. Let's leave it at that. I have a position that I enjoy and I may take a lot of heat for it but now everyone knows where I work. Please don't PM me with hate messages. Thank you.

Last edited:
Nobody with half a brain is going to take it out on you guys. Not directly anyway. Unfortunately Troy employees, distributors, etc. may all end up being impacted by the stupid decisions of management.

From Freedom to Slavery

"Get in here!" Vicki shouted, and those were her last words. We know the rest. Horiuchi's bullet smashed into her head and blew off the side of her face. And after she fell Randy pried the baby from her hands, and Randy and Sara dragged the body of their slain wife and mother over to the side of the kitchen where she lay, her blood flooding the kitchen floor. Sara spread a blanked over her dead mother. And after that, the body lay there for many days in the hot August air, rotting before the sight of the children, before the small child Rachel, the crying baby, and the Sara huddled with her father, waiting to be killed. And in the other room, Kevin Harris lay slowly dying of his chest wounds from the same bullet that had killed Vicki, and sometimes he begged Randy to kill him, to take his gun and to shoot him in the head to stop the unbearable agony.

In the meantime, the FBI sent agents who crawled under the house and stuck listening devices under the floor. And although Randy many times screamed out to the officers that they had killed his wife, the officers pretended they did not know she was dead, and they mercilessly taunted the family. "Did you sleep well last night, Vicki?" and "Show us the baby, Vicki? We had pancakes," and on it went. And the officers placed a robot on the front porch that was equipped with a sawed-off shotgun, and the FBI approached the Weaver house only in an armored personnel carrier, a tank of sorts, and the FBI brought up its negotiator who spoke to the Weavers over a bull horn. The FBI kept spotlights on the small house all night, and played loud music so the people inside could not sleep, and the FBI tried to drive the people, if not out of the house, then out of their minds.

Magpul also didn't hire Jody Weis and one of the Ruby Ridge hitmen. There's a way to run a cops-into-soldiers training camp and still fly below the consumer radar, but bragging about hiring anti-2a brass from the Chicago PD ain't it.

Last edited:
I am looking into hand guards right now. Troy is off the table for good. Daniel defense it is.
yea lets see how much business antigun libs give them, they are off my list of being eligible for me to piss on them if they are on fire.

Magpul also didn't hire Jody Weis and one of the Ruby Ridge hitmen. There's a way to run a cops-into-soldiers training camp and still fly below the consumer radar, but bragging about hiring anti-2a brass from the Chicago PD ain't it.

I hear ya... I hear ya.

Please just tell me you get the point about selective outrage here. That's all I want. Every single tactical training group out there is hiring these kind of guys every day. Amirite? Troy just happened to hire the best. Let's not go to bed angry. I'll make your favorite in the morning

I think it's great that they outed themselves and got burned with the whole industry watching. Sends a good message.

If they hadn't done the unthinkable and brought a former Chicago Police Superintendent with a history of being a gun grabbing coward on board nobody would have said anything, and nobody would have googled Dale Monroe. I think this is a good outcome. Better to not be funding our own destruction, though as taxpayers we do.

Last edited:
image.png
she can hold the targets at my range any day.[laugh]

Last edited:
This is line with Paul D's statement . You guys don't think the " Empire " doesn't send there " Storm Troopers " to these training schools . I worked next door to the S&W Academy for 8 years and at lunch the local eateries were full of " Storm Troopers " from across the country and a few from other countries . I also have a few 1st hand stories from a local ER room nurse . About a few ND's by are country's finest LOL .
where the NDs in their panties or foot shots? [smile]

I believe that while Horiuchi's shot was a horribly mistaken decision, things would have been much better had the government admitted they screwed the pooch at Ruby Ridge. Their insistence that they did nothing wrong is the biggest harm to come out of Ruby Ridge...
if they cant say they did something wrong that means they would do it over again and it would still be OK by them

Incidentally, I wonder how they came up with the name Asymmetric? Who's on the other side of the asymmetry they have in mind?
for their good it better be the symmetric sheep, because the asymmetric sheepdogs have teeth too and will bite if provoked. mongolian banhar.jpg

People are now burning Troy stuff??? [rofl]

Troy this week. Who will it be next week. It's laughable. If you look hard enough, you will find an anti at EVERY company in merica. But whatever makes you feel better. Right? What a joke.

Troy this week. Who will it be next week. It's laughable. If you look hard enough, you will find an anti at EVERY company in merica. But whatever makes you feel better. Right? What a joke.

In heavy on the Troy accessories? [smile]

Sure but will you find a Ruby Ridge sniper in every company as well? Or a highly vocal Chi-town anti? No you won't but it sounded good...

I personally don't want to look down sights that were made by a company who trained dudes that kick down doors of GB Zen Masters because of some overblown horseshit. But that's just me.

Sure but will you find a Ruby Ridge sniper in every company as well? Or a highly vocal Chi-town anti? No you won't but it sounded good...

I personally don't want to look down sights that were made by a company who trained dudes that kick down doors of GB Zen Masters because of some overblown horseshit. But that's just me.

This. The situation actually presents a pretty good way of making 2 statements with one move.

If you support 2a rights then avoid Troy in the hope that others in the industry take notice and pay attention to whom they're hiring and doing business with. We need to get the companies with the resources on our side. We need to pressure them to take steps to support us, as some already have, by deciding not to sell to .gov customers in anti-2a jurisdictions. Hiring Jody Weis is exactly the opposite of what the industry should be doing. The hire is inexplicable unless you accept that Troy really DGAF about those who support 2a.

If you feel like we live in a quasi-police state, and if you take issue with the militarization of law enforcement then avoid Troy and send the message that companies who are going to do their part to help turn cops into soldiers are doing so at our expense, both directly (tax $) and indirectly (liberty). Hiring and subsequently defending one of the Ruby Ridge snipers, one of the guys on the team that taunted Weaver about his wife whom they had just murdered was whose body was still in the cabin, in front of the kids - all over a shotgun barrel that was a fraction of an inch too short - once again demonstrates that Steve Troy DGAF. Hell, the name asymmetric alone strongly suggests that they're training their students (LE and .mil only) to go to war with the civilian population. Why support that?

It's his prerogative to do what he wants with his company. It's our prerogative to apply pressure, as consumers, on companies that seem to be working against us. There are too many other great companies making great products to keep sending your money to a company that very well may consider us to be the enemy.

Last edited:
I'm going balls deep in Troy. They're asymmetrical anyways. My balls that is...

The left ball, although pretty much the same size, generally hangs a bit lower.

I am confident that you would come up empty in such a quest at JP Rifles, Serbu or SV/Infinity.

Last edited:
I have a Troy MCS that I've been thinking about listing - this is all terrible timing. [laugh]

I had already traded my Troy hand guard to my Buddy at Colt for his DH guard.... now all I gots to get rid of is the Troy flip up sights.... anyone got something they want to trade for them... maybe the Zen Master wants them...

Back
Top Bottom