Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

Per their FB Page:

Earlier today we announced that Jody Weis will not be joining the Troy Asymmetric cadre of instructors.

Mr. Weis has no affiliation with Troy Asymmetric or any of its affiliated companies. It was the intention of Troy Asymmetric to retain him as a contract employee for government-specific programs. Troy Industries had no knowledge of Mr. Weis’ political leanings or stance on the Second Amendment as we are not involved in Chicago politics.

Troy has consistently put its money where its mouth is demonstrating a firm belief of the individual’s right to bear arms. Troy has turned away tens of millions of dollars in business from a sporting goods retailer who did not support our individual rights following the Newtown tragedy. Troy is the only firearms manufacturer to take this ethical stance on the Second Amendment.

Our immediate actions today re-affirm our commitment to the fundamental individual right to bear arms.

**** Troy and their whole enterprise. I hope their recent hiring practices put them out of business.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess who else Troy has hired? Lon Horiuchi?s partner | GunsSaveLife.com

Dale-Monroe-1024x500.jpg

Ruby Ridge Snipers Defend Their Actions in Front of Senate Panel
(LA Times via The Tech – Sept. 15, 1995) - FBI snipers Thursday defended their actions at the 1992 Ruby Ridge siege where a white separatist’s wife was killed, contending that danger to an FBI observation helicopter from armed men outside the separatist’s cabin justified opening fire.
But skeptical senators questioned whether permissive shoot-to-kill orders and exaggerated information about the threat of Randy Weaver led to an overreaction.
Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi – who fired the fatal shot – said he was preparing to fire but didn’t only because Horiuchi fired first.
Horiuchi invoked his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination Tuesday after the Senate Judiciary subcommittee on terrorism refused to give him limited immunity from prosecution.

At least they did the right thing by not hiring Jody.

Did the right thing?

He was already hired.
You don't put out a national press announcement for someone you have yet to hire.

Troy said that he will not be part of "Troy Asymmetric"... ok, but until Troy states that they have severed all relations and is in no way on their payroll or receives financial compensation from Troy, Troy can get F***ed.

Additionally, it is really hard to believe that they didn't know anything about his background or political leanings.

One last thing... what does Troy have to say about hiring the partner of a murderer, the same person who would have "pulled the trigger" if Lon Horiuchi hadn't?????

I don't know about Samson but I do know that Diamond Head is right in West Springfield, all their employees are Veterans, all their accessories are made right here. It's awesome product, fantastic sights, even nicer handguards. Troy can kiss my azz they didn't blow off Dicks because of what happened in Newtown, I believe Dicks wouldn't pay their ridiculous prices for their piece of s*** AR 15's that they doubled the price on in the height of the mad rush after Newtown

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Midwest Industries, Inc.

Due to recent developments in the gun industry Midwest Industries Inc would like to reaffirm that its employees are all active 2nd Amendment supporters who are either NRA Life Members or regular NRA members. In our view to employ an individual that has fought to limit the fundamental rights of citizens by preventing them from having the tools to defend themselves and their families is illogical. By hiring persons who actively and publicly opposed the 2A and attempted to limit the rights of law abiding citizens shows that in turn they also believe in the Anti-2nd Amendment statements. Rest assured that here at Midwest Industries Inc we will never attempt to limit the freedoms of our customers or law abiding citizens by rewarding the anti-gun community by allowing them to infiltrate our ranks. THANK YOU FROM THE CREW AT MIDWEST INDUSTRIES, INC.

Classic [rofl]

Something tells me that Troy's little foray into running a JBT training business isn't going quite as planned. [laugh]

Dammit. So I have to ditch my troy rails and magpul stock, and my s&w lower, and my troy sights. Damn.

Is there a running list of crap I can buy?

Dammit. So I have to ditch my troy rails and magpul stock, and my s&w lower, and my troy sights. Damn.

i have enough random shit in the trunk of my car and a cardboard box at home. we can make your rifle un-boycotted. it will take time, it will be difficult, but we can do it.

...dibs on the shit i take off btw. [rofl]

Damn it indeed. Now I need to replace the troy rail I installed on my carbine, but I am ok with Magpul this week, so I will keep their shit on my rifles.

Boycott, or Die?

Damn it indeed. Now I need to replace the troy rail I installed on my carbine, but I am ok with Magpul this week, so I will keep their shit on my rifles.

Boycott, or Die?

**** it. I just finished off my gun. Posting up Troy pron this after noon.

images

Is Trijicon ok?

Has NES run full background checks on everyone at the Sig Sauer Academy? I'm wondering if I should sell any Sigs I have.

I wonder what Noveske, BCM and any of the other guys that sell Troy items with their brand on it will do. All kidding aside, Troy has lost all of my respect. And I have 3 troy products, all BUIS's. One set is Noveske branded. That set is the only one I really care about...

Rather than respond to the Monroe situation Troy's JBT training division has instead decided to take down its instructor bio page. Stay classy.

This is line with Paul D's statement . You guys don't think the " Empire " doesn't send there " Storm Troopers " to these training schools . I worked next door to the S&W Academy for 8 years and at lunch the local eateries were full of " Storm Troopers " from across the country and a few from other countries . I also have a few 1st hand stories from a local ER room nurse . About a few ND's by are country's finest LOL .

We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation.

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

Back
Top Bottom