Looks like the Sig P238 will be MA compliant

I love Sigs and it may be unpopular to say, but I think that is one ugly, stubby little Sig. If I wanted a .380 I think I would go with the 232

One man one vote but to me the 238 is the equivalent of a fat female midget wrestler whereas the 232 is like a sexy little gymnast

One man one vote but to me the 238 is the equivalent of a fat female midget wrestler whereas the 232 is like a sexy little gymnast

The 238 can fit in your pocket. The 232 can't. .380 makes sense for a pocket gun. A .380 in a hip holster (aka, the 232) is just simply pointless.

I first noticed a P238 one day perusing the displays up at Manchester Firing Line. Went and looked up whether it was MA legal - and found out no. Very cool that this is going to be on the list - it might make me get my first .380 (damn another caliber to stock up on ).

that most likely will not change things nearly as quickly as people think. It would be political suicide to become the AG and then start destroying this crap right away. It will be a lengthy process that involves slow moving wheels but it will happen...eventually.

Having him in as AG will probably not change things right away. He would need a reason. Having the state of MA become another gun rights test case would give him that reason. So if he gets in - the next step would be for the NRA or the guy who did the DC case - to go out and find some plaintiffs. New AG + MA budget crisis + good test case+threat of multimillion dollar law suit against the state (with more to follow) = possible victory

Would be nice if Sig paid more attention to producing nice guns again...I looked at a brand spanking new 226 recently and I prevailing thought after taking the gun apart and looking at the fit and finish was: "$900.00? For this?"

agreed. My Sigs are all west germans except one, and let me just say, the west german ones are so much feel in my hand and dont feel as sloppily put together.

Having him in as AG will probably not change things right away. He would need a reason. Having the state of MA become another gun rights test case would give him that reason. So if he gets in - the next step would be for the NRA or the guy who did the DC case - to go out and find some plaintiffs. New AG + MA budget crisis + good test case+threat of multimillion dollar law suit against the state (with more to follow) = possible victory

Don't over-think it. Our job is to make sure that he gets elected.

It may not be "easy" but some folks know how to approach making changes w/o it becoming a political disaster for whoever is brave enough to do that. [wink]

You sure you didn't get the definitions mixed up there? The P232 is huge and impractical, for a .380. Then again I have this issue with .380 pistols, if they're not small, I don't want them, as outside of that application, .380 is a worthless caliber.

-Mike

We NEED to get JIM MCKENNA ELECTED AS AG! That will change this drastically, as most mfrs will submit their CA-approved guns to EOPS for addition to the EOPS List.

Every mfr makes the "call" as to what they will bother submitting or not. One can't look at one sample and draw any conclusions from that.

+1 , no truer words have ever been spoken !

I am not a big fan of the .380 either and I do not own one so perhaps I should not comment. That having been said, what I meant was that I feel the 238 is just ugly. I suppose if I had the need for a pocket gun, which I do not, maybe I would reconsider.

I have considered buying a 232 for my wife as a carry pistol for her purse because of it's low recoil and ease of use.

Like I said, one man one vote. I think Glocks are ugly too

I have considered buying a 232 for my wife as a carry pistol for her purse because of it's low recoil and ease of use.
A Kahr K9 will fit that purpose, while using a far superior caliber. K9s can be found in MA without too much effort.

I shot the P238 about 3 weeks ago and the P250 about 5 weeks ago. I couldn't hit a piece of paper at 30' w/ the 238, LOL. The owner was able to do a nice tight group with it so he was pretty happy. If you have larger hands, you aren't going to like it IMHO. I was able to shoot the P250 pretty well, but didn't like the goofy trigger on it (owner shot it ok). The guy got rid of the 250 and replace it with a HK 45 compact. I didn't shoot the HK45c and was glad I was able to test it before I ever shelled out that much $$ for one, LOL. He liked my Glock 21 a lot and was impressed with it. Too bad he isn't going to be joining my club, but I hope to be able to shoot at his.

Hey it never hurts to try other folks toys and weed out the keepers! [smile] We probably saved each other some $$$

Would be nice if Sig paid more attention to producing nice guns again...I looked at a brand spanking new 226 recently and I prevailing thought after taking the gun apart and looking at the fit and finish was: "$900.00? For this?"

Any specific deficiencies you noticed?

I have a 229 and 226, both made within the last three years and both are German frame, NH slide SIGs. I have no complaints about either. The 226 is an Elite Stainless so maybe they pay more attention to those. I can't see any quality issues with those vs. my HK and S&W handguns.

As for the 238, it's nice, I guess. Somehow though it's just a Colt Mustang copy to me. If I wanted a pocket .380, I'd find a Kahr P380. It is good to see more pocket carry options coming to MA though.

they are already here!!! there are quite a few stores already selling them including four seasons

Thanks just picked one up today. I called four seasons and they had them in stock guy said he had a few and there site says 529 i got there and it was only 499.00, but all they have is the rosewood model. Cool place but it was packed!

Nice gun. Not sure how I feel about carrying cocked and locked with a "pocket" carry. Thinking of the jewels, ya know?

Thanks just picked one up today. I called four seasons and they had them in stock guy said he had a few and there site says 529 i got there and it was only 499.00, but all they have is the rosewood model. Cool place but it was packed!

That's a great price. I don't think you can even get this price from online vendor.

They are giving an extra $25 off already discounted price of all sigs while the sig sale is on. That should of made it $504.99. Cash discount may have brought it to $499, if you paid cash.

Back
Top Bottom