• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like the Sig P238 will be MA compliant

I haven't seen any discussion about this. It's supposed to be available when the new list comes out. Just thought I'd mention it. My source is fseasons web site. If this can become compliant maybe theirs hope for some other mouseguns like the new bodyguard 380.

Just saw it on northshore firearms website as well and was surprised i didn't seem more about it. I'm actually surprised this gun made the list at all and we haven't seen the P250 yet.

Last edited:
I'm not holding my breath. It took them like 6 years to bring the GSR to market in MA.

-Mike

I'm not holding my breath. It took them like 6 years to bring the GSR to market in MA.

-Mike

We NEED to get JIM MCKENNA ELECTED AS AG! That will change this drastically, as most mfrs will submit their CA-approved guns to EOPS for addition to the EOPS List.

Every mfr makes the "call" as to what they will bother submitting or not. One can't look at one sample and draw any conclusions from that.

I have a Sig P238. Bought it in Jersey when I lived there and grandfathered it in. I was actually talking to a member on here about it last night...I LOVE it. It's a fantastic firearm. I do hope it becomes MA compliant as I'd like for my brethren to share the experience.

Almost got one and I would love to see/feel it in person. FS, save one for my Bday gift. [smile]

although i'm glad to see another gun "on the list".... i'll pass [puke]

bring on the XDm or something cool. [laugh]

HMMMM PM9 that I am on the list for in nightsites @ FS for? OR the Sig P238..... I like the 1911 style in compact but is it as small as the PM9? The PM9 has more power but I am looking for a everyday carry rig and my "compact" .40 Beretta doesn't really cut it if I am out of the house for 12+ hours

It's a great little gun and its a Sig what more can I say. We can't get a lot of pocket sized pistols of this quality in MA brand new and through a dealer I bet they are going to sell like hot cakes and be hard to find for a while after the initial supply is sold.

HMMMM PM9 that I am on the list for in nightsites @ FS for? OR the Sig P238..... I like the 1911 style in compact but is it as small as the PM9? The PM9 has more power but I am looking for a everyday carry rig and my "compact" .40 Beretta doesn't really cut it if I am out of the house for 12+ hours

It's slightly larger than the LCP and smaller than the PM9. If that helps put it in perspective.

I've had one for a little over a year and it is easily the best .380 pocket gun out there. If it were the ONLY gun I carried all day, I would think about going with the 9mm Kahr.

I would have no problems carrying my 238 all day long. I've heard they're only releasing the Nitron finish model though, which sucks for MA residents since Sig is now producing so many different versions of this gun. I personally have the Blackwood edition, my father has had the Blackwood, Equinox, and now the Laser editions, and every one of them is awesome.

We NEED to get JIM MCKENNA ELECTED AS AG!That will change this drastically, as most mfrs will submit their CA-approved guns to EOPS for addition to the EOPS List.
that most likely will not change things nearly as quickly as people think. It would be political suicide to become the AG and then start destroying this crap right away. It will be a lengthy process that involves slow moving wheels but it will happen...eventually.

Got to look at it a four seasons today(from a couple feet away) looked like a nice gun, something to look at in the future. They also said November at the earliest I believe....

Back
Top Bottom