• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like our A-G isn't the only A-Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
State of New Jersey

"Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal today filed suit against a Nevada company that allegedly sold large capacity ammunition magazines (LCMs) online to an undercover state investigator despite having received a cease-and-desist letter from the Attorney General’s Office months before.

New Jersey law prohibits the possession and sale of firearm magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. LCMs allow a shooter to fire an unusually high number of bullets at a time, without requiring the shooter to even pause and reload. As a result, violence that involves LCMs can result in more shots fired, persons wounded, and wounds per victim than other gun attacks.

Filed today in New Jersey Superior Court, the State’s complaint against Nevada-based New Frontier Armory LLC alleges that the company has sold six LCMs to undercover investigators, including a 100-round magazine."

FNJ. FMASS. FNY. FCAL. All Dem strongholds continually projecting their own fears on their alleged subjects that we’ll finally get sick of their BS and force them out of office.

2020 or bust.

If someone carries 9 10-round mags or 3 30-rounders, he’s not losing much time dropping a spent mag and popping a new one in.

Again, the only people getting effed in the arse are responsible gun owners. Criminal A from Jersey City isn’t filling out paperwork to legally obtain a firearm in the first place. You think he cares about a magazine limit? You think he’s not going to do something stupid because he can’t use a New Frontier Armory magazine, but has to use a Mec-Gar?

Give me an effin’ break.

State of New Jersey

"Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal today filed suit against a Nevada company that allegedly sold large capacity ammunition magazines (LCMs) online to an undercover state investigator despite having received a cease-and-desist letter from the Attorney General’s Office months before.

New Jersey law prohibits the possession and sale of firearm magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. LCMs allow a shooter to fire an unusually high number of bullets at a time, without requiring the shooter to even pause and reload. As a result, violence that involves LCMs can result in more shots fired, persons wounded, and wounds per victim than other gun attacks.

Filed today in New Jersey Superior Court, the State’s complaint against Nevada-based New Frontier Armory LLC alleges that the company has sold six LCMs to undercover investigators, including a 100-round magazine."

Looks like the seller may have f'ed up by mailing the mags to a NJ address. Otherwise, I don't see how this could be a crime, although IANAL.

If someone carries 9 10-round mags or 3 30-rounders, he’s not losing much time dropping a spent mag and popping a new one in.

Again, the only people getting effed in the arse are responsible gun owners. Criminal A from Jersey City isn’t filling out paperwork to legally obtain a firearm in the first place. You think he cares about a magazine limit? You think he’s not going to do something stupid because he can’t use a New Frontier Armory magazine, but has to use a Mec-Gar?

Give me an effin’ break.

They support crime and violence as those are their base voters who get all the free sh*t.

If someone looked at stats for arrests involving unlicensed firearm crimes/robberies/shootings etc in NJ (or MA or NY etc etc) I guarantee that the majority of them walked or had very soft sentences. They won’t punish them according to the written law.

But they’ll reach out to Nevada and sue them to make some feel good headlines for the hippies, try and force Nevadas hand to reveal which people bought these mags and then immediately call for harsh sentences against them over a piece of plastic.

Point being, they don’t a flying f*** about violence happening against anyone except themselves, which is why they keep coming at “us”, because we’re the only ones who would demand or vote them out of office.

The entire scheme of saving one child or stopping active shooters is a complete BS smoke screen intended to gather support from “normal” non gun owners and sway them in favor of their confiscation attempts they will eventually make.

Sorry NJ but your gripe is with your resident (in this case your officer impersonating a resident and entrapping the business), not the out of state dealer(s) who supply said residents in accordance with the Federal laws governing interstate commerce. The transaction was conducted in NV and you don't get to govern how NV businesses do business in NV.

Sorry NJ but your gripe is with your resident (in this case your officer impersonating a resident and entrapping the business), not the out of state dealer(s) who supply said residents in accordance with the Federal laws governing interstate commerce. The transaction was conducted in NV and you don't get to govern how NV businesses do business in NV.

From the OP Link:

"On May 23, 2019, an undercover state investigator purchased a 100-round magazine, a 30-round magazine, and a 15-round magazine from New Frontier Armory online. Six days later, the state investigator picked up the purchased LCMs at a New Jersey shipping address."

I haven't looked at how the state law is written but depending on how it is, it seems possible the company could be in violation of law because they shipped the magazines to NJ. That said, I would think the lawsuit would have to be filed in FEDERAL Court....

So what if they shipped to NJ. It's not against Federal law to mail a magazine. It was dropped in the mail in NV. So NJ can shit with it deep.

This......the company is in Nevada

NK...errr I mean NJ can pitch a fit all it wants but they have no standing to charge a person or company with a crime that has never set foot in NJ

This really is a great case for higher court challenge on interstate commerce issue.

I dont think NJ can do a thing about this case?
If a citizen of NJ received the "illegal mags" then they would have a case against that citizen but not the company.
I think the police receiving the mags was just a waste of time

I dont think NJ can do a thing about this case?
If a citizen of NJ received the "illegal mags" then they would have a case against that citizen but not the company.
I think the police receiving the mags was just a waste of time

I think NJ is going with the thought that they so widely publicized what’s acceptable and what’s not, that vendors should have known better, and now they can go after them. I have no idea if that’s true, but it’s one of the first things that came to mind.

This is the same a**h*** who file suit to keep Defense Distributed from shipping their Ghost Gunner and/or software into New Jersey. There was quite a bit of laughter in some circles over that, and maybe some file sharing.

From GG's site:

PLEASE NOTE: Ghost Gunner machines, lowers, frames, and other hardware and equipment are not currently available to persons outside the United States and they are not available to residents of and persons in the State of New Jersey, which criminalizes possession of unregistered assault weapons. THIS PRODUCT IS ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. THE PURCHASE OF “GHOST GUNS” OR “GHOST GUN” PARTS FOR ASSEMBLY IS UNLAWFUL IN NEW JERSEY. THIS EMAIL IS NOT INTENDED AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ADVERTISEMENT OR OFFER FOR SALE OF “GHOST GUNS” AND “GHOST GUN” PARTS TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS OR ANY PERSON IN NEW JERSEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom