Looks like no 1911s from the cmp after all

yeah that's how I read it. They're to melt down everything but M1 and 22 rimfire rifles which will go to CMP.

That sucks.
The speculated price was above my pay grade but I bet there were hundreds lined up butts to nuts to get them.

Makes me sick to think they will be turned into plows

The only thing that makes me say there might be hope.
They wording says the Secretary "MAY" transfer. I assume this is the Secratary of the Army? If so it's dependent on this person to decide to do it or not? Also I believe going on memory this position is currently empty or not confirmed yet. That could have happened recently though.

See this is how I look at it. Same as any other bill. " hey guys (house and Senate) you want your money put this through ignore the small details"

Also would not CMP need congressional permission to change the charter? If so that can get ugly also. Just think what a hillary lead congress would do to a congressional charter that is arming US citizens with the battle rifle that won WWII

Last edited:
From what I understood, they didn't need to change the charter because they were to be selling the 1911s as an 01FFL. Pretty sure all the charter did was let them ship rifles direct to the purchaser rather than thru an 01 or to an 03.

If I read that link correctly, it has passed the Senate, but not the House.
passed 85-13 wonder what the odds will be it will swing the other way seeing that theres so much in this one bill. I don't see a single Rep saying "whoa hang on there what about the 1911s

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understood, they didn't need to change the charter because they were to be selling the 1911s as an 01FFL. Pretty sure all the charter did was let them ship rifles direct to the purchaser rather than thru an 01 or to an 03.

Correct but I believe the charter has to be changed slightly to allow the US army to give CMP the 1911s

passed 85-13 wonder what the odds will be it will swing the other way seeing that theres so much in this one bill. I don't see a single Rep saying "whoa hang on there what about the 1911s

It depends upon the leadership. If the leadership doesn't like the bill, it will never get to the floor, or it will get to the floor in a drastically different form.

Because "1911" is a harmless term to them. Swap it with "Glock" and they'd be shitting their drawers.

I was meaning it to be on the defensive side of the 1911s
I can't see a single rep holding out on passing this bill because they did not make provisions to save the 10k or so 1911s from capt. Crunch. Again though leaving the subjective MAY term in the wording if the Secratary of the Army is a gun guy.....doubtful being appointed by Obummer. He MAY just be able to transfer them to cmp?

How about a Bill to distribute them to arriving "Refugees" so they can defend themselves against Racist Trumpsters ?

Guns-ammo-620x415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom