Looks like my next purchase is a .50 bmg.

I have a bunch of other things I'd rather be doing than blow my 1/2 year bonus on a barret, but, in the name of freedom, I guess it looks like I'm considering doing exactly that, given what the legislature seems to want to do.

Are there others that are more affordable? I know there's single-shot 50bmg that, I think, hooked on to an AR lower. I also know that someone made a custom low-cost single fire BMG with, like, a cap that screws off or some goofyness.

But, basically, I want to get one that has as many assault-style features. I lean towards semiauto, but I could probably live with a bolt action with detachable mags.

What's affordable/tolerable quality but can still punch through an errant car block?

mobile

Armalite AR50
The AR30 seems well made. Bolt action.
redirect

I’ve been lucky enough to shoot the Barrett bolt and semis side by side multiple times. Semi is definitely more fun but the bolt is awesome too and a lot less money. Think about $2-3k on optics as well.

I have a bunch of other things I'd rather be doing than blow my 1/2 year bonus on a barret, but, in the name of freedom, I guess it looks like I'm considering doing exactly that, given what the legislature seems to want to do.

Are there others that are more affordable? I know there's single-shot 50bmg that, I think, hooked on to an AR lower. I also know that someone made a custom low-cost single fire BMG with, like, a cap that screws off or some goofyness.

But, basically, I want to get one that has as many assault-style features. I lean towards semiauto, but I could probably live with a bolt action with detachable mags.

What's affordable/tolerable quality but can still punch through an errant car block?
if i was to buy one would go with the bushmaster; looks like a overgrown ar15 and bolt action with magazine. i like the bolt versions since you can reload and not worry about pressures. i once saw a electric heated mold that was used with lead pot to cast 1000gr bullets from a lead pot. there was one with scope priced right on nes sale page

I have a Serbu with a Leupold scope that I want to sell to buy the Barrett. It's accurate and well made but even though the Barrett will cost 5 or 6 times as much, I don't think a single shot bolt action will give you what you're looking for. Have you looked at the Serbu semi auto?

Keep in mind that if they elect to ban .50, your 9k rifle becomes a paperweight in MA.

As a thank you for your testimony, I'd be happy to meet you at my club to put a few rounds through my barrett. I can point you in a direction to get one transferred in, and suggestions for glass, as I shopped and agonized over both purchases for over a year.

The M99 is on my shopping list. I didn't want the AR upper setup, the Noreen was a little too spartan for me, and the Ferret 50 looked wonderful buy was outside of my budget. I don't need the semi auto and the M99 will save some funds to get quality optics.

Cmon guys, how about that TAKEDOWN??

Can you imagine rolling up to the range with a school backpack and pulling out a 50 cal??

If you're concerned about costs why are you buying a .50? Because ban? So you have a grandfathered gun collecting dust is better than not having a gun you would have never bought anyways? /boggle.

-Mike

IF it is even grandfathered. Nobody who turned in their bump stock got compensated.

If you're concerned about costs why are you buying a .50? Because ban? So you have a grandfathered gun collecting dust is better than not having a gun you would have never bought anyways? /boggle.

-Mike

Too much time in off topic....what are they changing? No more 50 cals?
What's my timeline to buy? I've got more money than brains, whose got a Barrett in stock??? :D:D

-Mike

I haven't been doing it that long for it to have mattered much. I would probably end up with one some day.

Its your money and you can do what you want with it but I would spend that money on a high end magnum cartridge rifle. The 50BMG is great for punching holes in engine blocks like you note and amazing in a mounted machine gun, beyond that it is really impractical. The Barretts are not particularly accurate, you will not get a sub MOA rifle off the rack and the round itself was not designed around accuracy. On the other hand, you can really do some long range damage with a 338 Lapua or a 300 WinMag. For the money you will spend on a Barrett you can get a sub MOA rifle and mount a quality optic on it and have a rifle for many uses, practice to carry and impressive range and accuracy. Hey man, its just my opinion, you want an impractical 50BMG, do it!

Just get the M82/M107 - iconic, loved, hated, known.

If they ban .50bmg, then just get a .416 upper - same bolt face, and if anything flatter shooting

all 4 apply

Use custom fit ear plugs AND muffs. Those things are damn loud.

This. Added for the dumbasses....actually wear it when you fire it. I'd tell you to ask me how i know, but i wouldn't hear the question.

^ this

Statist Fvckwads "....just sell it out of state, you're not taking any material loss....."

other than your freedom. [hmmm]
And the work required to sell it out of state. Not all of us “work” for the government.

And the work required to sell it out of state. Not all of us “work” for the government.

keep on believing that.

By the time I figure in SS, Medicaid, Medicare, Federal, State, property, excise and sales taxes I work for them into late July or early August.

Back
Top Bottom