Looks like my next purchase is a .50 bmg.

It’s a recoil operated, the barrel actually recoils and moves the bolt, at that point I guess it becomes a simple blowback weapon.

you oughta see the springs on that pretty bitch when you're putting it together, it's bitten me a few times.

Also, don't leave your takedown pins at the range, because they will disappear, and they are an expensive replacement.

Ask not how I know

Why?

"Because I have the money, and I just want it" is a good enough reason, but I'd never waste my money on a .50, .338L, or other foolishness like that.

so are they banning muzzle loaders too? because last time I checked, they're not technically even a firearm.

you wanna get the Fudd nation on board and going to state house meetings...? tell them that their smoke poles are in danger of getting banned. as long as the meetings aren't during hunting season, you'd have a sea of blaze orange in government square.

I think it's $2 a shot. Still, that's totally worth it since you're mainly using it for long distance and the power is immense.

Lol try more like $2.90+ a round these days. I would buy one if I had a lot of hard drives, fridges, printers, lawnmowers and TV sets that needed killing, that sounds like a fun time....

-Mike

Lol try more like $2.90+ a round these days. I would buy one if I had a lot of hard drives, fridges, printers, lawnmowers and TV sets that needed killing, that sounds like a fun time....

-Mike

All of the high end stuff is $5 to $8 dollars a round. You are right though if you want to shoot Federal Lake City it can be had for $2.90 or less.

Like I said upstream, buy a high end 300 WinMag

keep on believing that.

By the time I figure in SS, Medicaid, Medicare, Federal, State, property, excise and sales taxes I work for them into late July or early August.
Should have edited my post: not all of us have government paid jobs... there we go!

I have a Serbu with a Leupold scope that I want to sell to buy the Barrett. It's accurate and well made but even though the Barrett will cost 5 or 6 times as much, I don't think a single shot bolt action will give you what you're looking for. Have you looked at the Serbu semi auto?
To late and too tired. I'll go in the basement to look at the Serbu semi auto tomorrow.

If you were gonna drop that kind of money on a rifle, why not consider the Chey-Tac Intervention? Apart from having the absolutely most badass name ever given to a gun, they are amazingly accurate. Sub-MOA at 2500 yards. Its one of those guns you spend years trying to get your capabilities to match the rifle's.

Side benefit : if they don't grandfather in .50BMG you won't be screwed.

Barrett Fly Swatter.jpg

In some ways a Barrett is like an AR, there are lots of rifles like an AR, but if you want an AR, only a real AR will do. Same with the Barrett 82, if you want one, only a real one will do. Above is a Model 82A1 with 29 inch barrel and a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C. Total cost was $8,757 (Grab-A-Gun and EuroOptic), expensive but considerably less than the 10-12 grand folks bandy about.

Back
Top Bottom