• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looks like I will be on TV

I don't believe there are any 'access by unauthorized users' type storage laws in CT. Only Ch. 529 Sec. 29-37i, which is about making reasonably sure that a minor (< 16 years old) is not likely to gain access to a loaded firearm.

Right, forgetting that the original OP was from CT. Still, you must keep in mind that college dorms are shared w/ other individuals from different backgrounds, etc etc. It would be wise to store your firearms away from people that have no knowledge of firearms or people that may want to steal your firearm to commit a crime.

Right, forgetting that the original OP was from CT. Still, you must keep in mind that college dorms are shared w/ other individuals from different backgrounds, etc etc. It would be wise to store your firearms away from people that have no knowledge of firearms or people that may want to steal your firearm to commit a crime.

& from drunks who want to play with it

well if any of you watched you didnt see me.... got an email real early this morning they had breaking news and had to cancel.. So they want me to come in one day next week, not sure when yet but Ill post t when i find out. At least this gives me more prep time and i can go home and get my suit! haha

Great Job

You presented your case professionally and simply stated the facts no one can argue with that. Obviously the news station wants some gun crazy person (for ratings) to be on the interview yet I keep seeing these rational intelligent law-abiding citizens presenting clear facts. I must have missed something that is not the way it should be.

You represented your school and SCCC well.

First of all good job...

I also watched the con position interview and I hope that we all realized that the person being questioned did not answer the questions being asked.

He was asked a question to the general idea of ::licensed students can cary everywhere else why not in class:: and he would answer the question by stating that more guns being "out there" is bad. He was obviously just anti gun not just against conceled cary on campus.

I must admit I am proud of the two reporters that seemed to be fairly unbiased in their questions. I was expecting questions to be more like this. "Why is it that you want these baby killing devices to be carried at the hip like we are back in the wild west?" type questions.

I must admit I am proud of the two reporters that seemed to be fairly unbiased in their questions. I was expecting questions to be more like this. "Why is it that you want these baby killing devices to be carried at the hip like we are back in the wild west?" type questions.

Good point Tater and I agree. I didn't bother watching the other interview because I figured it would be exactly as you described it. I'm glad I didn't waste that 3 mins of my life. [wink]

ya I spent a half hour in a small green room with the guy. Resist the urge to spark a debate, and just talked about the news. He was actually a nice guy. But as you can see in his segment he didnt have any points to argue against campus carry. When I met him he asked if I was with a group, he had never heard of SCCC. Guess he didnt do much research before coming in....

Good job.

I watched the other guy too, his argument was pretty silly. He kept repeating "I dont think its a good idea," and the interviewer was arguing your case pretty well.

Won one for the good guys.

A very good interview - well done!

The anti-gun guy, Ron Pinciero, Co-Exec Dir CT Against Gun Violence, was a perfect example of the losing side. His major points:

1. Vigilantism - suggesting CCW is a vigilante movement. The newscaster himself seemed to shoot that one down.

2. It's just not a good idea - hard to argue with that, as it's not an arguement and only an opinion. One need only disagree.

3. A gun in the home is 7x more likley to be used against an occupant than an outsider - the old junk-science claim. He simply says that it goes for carry at schools too, without any justification for his extrapolation.

When unable to emotionally wring their hands and sob over "The Children" and guns, these people don't have much to say at all.

Back
Top Bottom