• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like a Good Shoot for Once

"Where's the evidence that my wife threatened a trained officer? You know? He's a trained officer to use lethal force, shoot my wife like that and just not even call an ambulance?" said Gilbert Alvarado.

oh i dont know....

"She literally ran our agent down, the agent actually was impacted, was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before fearing for his life did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," said Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott.

love some of the comments... Good shot though.

I'm not an officer but if i find myself on your hood because you ran me down, no matter the reason and you don't stop right then I'm blasting though your window, you are going to stop.

10users liked this commentPlease sign in to rate a Thumb UpPlease sign in to rate a Thumb Down0users disliked this commentOutlawcajun 19 mins ago
Hellsjoker is one of two things, either a liar, or a #$%$ I'm an ex-Correctional Officer and ex-firearms instructor, and the Officer involved did exactly the right thing. The criteria for the use of deadly force is clear andit's use proper when, "your life, or the life of another is in immanent jeopardy", meaning DANGER NOW. Had that been me or anyone else, she'd have been shot 8 times with a Colt 1911 A-1.

"Where's the evidence that my wife threatened a trained officer? You know? He's a trained officer to use lethal force, shoot my wife like that and just not even call an ambulance?" said Gilbert Alvarado.

That's the best...

"See that big dent? Yeah, that one - right below all those bullet holes? There ya go...That's the ass-dent from our agent." "Oh and we didn't need to call an amblance - we just called the coroner"...

I find the description "California Woman" suspect - perhaps "A woman currently living in California" would be more accurate and still PC.

"I want justice. Yes. Whoever shot my wife, that guy whoever that is, that guy needs to get shot," he said.
Alvarado's family called the killing senseless."

Give me a break, she was trying to kill the officer. If she had just hit him and stopped thats one thing, but carrying him several hundred yards, ya i think its pretty clear what her intentions were.

One comment....."maybe she had a seizure or heart attack", ya and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Looks like a clean shoot. Guess they don't consider running someone down with a car to be an assault with a deadly weapon...[rolleyes]

Not saying I wouldn't have shot her too, but you have to look at it from the other side. If this was not a uniformed officer (didn't say in the article), who's to say that she didn't panic when some random guy was trying to stop her car. Big deal, even if he flashed a badge, it wouldn't be the first time that has ever happened in a car jacking, or kidnapping. Maybe the woman just panicked because they live in a high crime part of town with illegals running gangs. Not saying it justified her actions, but if it was your wife, and she wasn't doing anything illegal to warrant any type of police attention, then you might feel differently and want some revenge too.

Not saying I wouldn't have shot her too, but you have to look at it from the other side. If this was not a uniformed officer (didn't say in the article), who's to say that she didn't panic when some random guy was trying to stop her car. Big deal, even if he flashed a badge, it wouldn't be the first time that has ever happened in a car jacking, or kidnapping. Maybe the woman just panicked because they live in a high crime part of town with illegals running gangs. Not saying it justified her actions, but if it was your wife, and she wasn't doing anything illegal to warrant any type of police attention, then you might feel differently and want some revenge too.

Highly plausible. That's why I'd like to know what caused the initial contact.

oh i dont know....

"She literally ran our agent down, the agent actually was impacted, was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before fearing for his life did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," said Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott.

pretty much sums it up right there I hope they bill the family for the bullets

Highly plausible. That's why I'd like to know what caused the initial contact.

Me too, but I guess we are in the minority here as most people here are obviously just seeing that it was a hispanic woman that was involved, and naturally assume that she must have been an "illegal", or otherwise guilty of "something".[rolleyes]

Me too, but I guess we are in the minority here as most people here are obviously just seeing that it was a hispanic woman that was involved, and naturally assume that she must have been an "illegal", or otherwise guilty of "something".[rolleyes]

The evidence im looking at based on just what the story says, Group of Officers serving a felony warrant, now one of them had to have been clearly marked.

The evidence im looking at based on just what the story says, Group of Officers serving a felony warrant, now one of them had to have been clearly marked.

They weren't serving her a warrant. They were serving one to "someone else in the area".

Still waiting on how she got involved.

They weren't serving her a warrant. They were serving one to "someone else in the area".

That is the way I understood it as well, and just because there may have been "someone" in an official looking uniform in the area, does not mean that the girl in the car saw that guy. If she was not part of the "operation" they were running, then to her she could have thought she was being carjacked or something. Until we get more details it is all speculation, but I'm not going to pat the officer on the back with an atta boy just yet. It's funny how these threads go, because if this was a story with a typical suburban (white) housewife, the perception here of this being a "good shoot" may have turned into a cop bashing thread like usual.

That is the way I understood it as well, and just because there may have been "someone" in an official looking uniform in the area, does not mean that the girl in the car saw that guy. If she was not part of the "operation" they were running, then to her she could have thought she was being carjacked or something. Until we get more details it is all speculation, but I'm not going to pat the officer on the back with an atta boy just yet. It's funny how these threads go, because if this was a story with a typical suburban (white) housewife, the perception here of this being a "good shoot" may have turned into a cop bashing thread like usual.

I think if the woman was driving her car and the cops shot her through the windshield without being struck then it might of turned into that, however given that the officer was hit, thrown onto the hood, and carried hundreds of yards, i think its different.

Same here. I am not convinced this was a force situation and not just an accident. Sometimes people hit the gas when they mean to hit the brake. It could be fine, but possibly not. She may have panicked at the sight of armed men, etc. Not saying either scenario happened, only that there is nothing shown to justify any scenario yet.

Back
Top Bottom