• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to Shoot my Barrett 50 cal

Pretty well kept secret is Reading Rifle & Revolver's (aka Reading High Power) 600 yard range. Waiting list/time to get in is long, and the FUDD factor if high.

I show up with my black plastic space gun and I get plenty of stares and sideways looks... [emoji849]

Pretty well kept secret is Reading Rifle & Revolver's (aka Reading High Power) 600 yard range. Waiting list/time to get in is long, and the FUDD factor if high.

I show up with my black plastic space gun and I get plenty of stares and sideways looks... [emoji849]

That's what I've heard. But they only allow 50 bmg with RSO approval, so that's a deal breaker for me. I'm going to try out Woburn Sportsmen's Association as a guest. If 50 bmg is allowed (and not discouraged) then I will join.

I'll second WSA in Bedford. Don't think there's a prohibition on 50 cal at the high power range, which goes out to 200 yards. It's probably the best combination of close-to-home and "long range."

That's what I've heard. But they only allow 50 bmg with RSO approval, so that's a deal breaker for me. I'm going to try out Woburn Sportsmen's Association as a guest. If 50 bmg is allowed (and not discouraged) then I will join.

Yeah, more of a convenience factor since I live in town.

I'm also a member at Harvard, which is a :30 minute drive. The 200/300 is great, plus the action pits are a huge plus. Best club within the 495 belt IMHO.

I've heard that Pelham NH was planning a 600, but not sure if they got the ball rolling in it. Too similar to Harvard for me, but might work for you.

Last edited:
Pelham has a 600yd range, but it is not "open", meaning you can't just join PFG and start blasting away at 600.

You have to qualify, and the range is only open for sanctioned events with RSOs present (which do include scheduled "open shoots", ie, non-competitive).

MWSA in Barrington allows 50BMG as long as you don't shoot the steel targets. 300yd.

I find that hard to believe. Everybody who uses that range for what it's intended for shoots an AR/space/Tubb gun type rifle.

I find that hard to believe. Everybody who uses that range for what it's intended for shoots an AR/space/Tubb gun type rifle.

Sorry, should have been more specific. This happened to me a few times zeroing "non-standard" AR and AK builds on the short range.

That said, when I run the wood stocked scout M1A, I get nothing but compliments. Admittedly, it is a sexy rifle.

Back
Top Bottom