• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looking to join a club in worcester county

Hello everyone im looking to join a club in the worcester county. I have looked at the worcester pistol and rifle club and they seem to have some nice features such as the IDPA course and the 24hr range. I have only looked at the website but i would like to check out the actual facility sometime. Also i seem to be having trouble contacting someone to find out when the next orientation meeting is. I emailed several people and i have not heard back from them or the email seems to be not working and it cannot deliver the message. i would like to join as soon as possible since the only place i can go to at the moment is the smith and wesson facility in springfield and that is becoming a little hard to do lately. Any information would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks guys!

Hello everyone im looking to join a club in the worcester county. I have looked at the worcester pistol and rifle club and they seem to have some nice features such as the IDPA course and the 24hr range. I have only looked at the website but i would like to check out the actual facility sometime. Also i seem to be having trouble contacting someone to find out when the next orientation meeting is. I emailed several people and i have not heard back from them or the email seems to be not working and it cannot deliver the message. i would like to join as soon as possible since the only place i can go to at the moment is the smith and wesson facility in springfield and that is becoming a little hard to do lately. Any information would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks guys!

I'm planning to head over Wednesday night after work around 5:30 or so. You're welcome to join me. The next orientation should be at the end of August and the first meeting you could join at would likely be the next week. Both should be on the calendar on the website.

Take a look at www.hsasports.com - I would be able to meet with you pretty much anytime during the next three or four days. 24/7 indoor range access, pistol bays, 100 and 200 yrd ranges; plus trap, skeet, etc.
Thanks
Bob

Thanks for the responses guys. I think im gonna have to have a look at both before i make a decision.

TWtommers: i pmed you.

Bob: im quite busy this week but if i can find some time i would definitely like to come out and see the fascilities. Sounds like a great place but just a little bit further than i would like to drive, that could change though.

Thanks again!

Worcester has an IDPA match scheduled for August 13th. If you haven't gotten there beforehand, why don't you show up at the match and look around. Bring your gun, ammo, mags, mag carriers, and holster and shoot the match.

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have to be registered or sign up anywhere? I have never shot IDPA before and honestly dont know too much about it. Any websites i can check out to get some more info?

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have to be registered or sign up anywhere? I have never shot IDPA before and honestly dont know too much about it. Any websites i can check out to get some more info?
No need to sign up. Just show up on time for registration.

Read the rules at http://www.idpa.com

And read my "your first IDPA match" rant here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/133914-Your-first-IDPA-match

And be sure to tell the safety officer in your squad that you are new. He will put you at the back of the line, so you can watch others go first.

Awesome! Im definitely going to try to make it out. I only have a crossbreed IWB holster and 2 mags but no mag carrier but those are fairly cheap enough to just pick up somewhere. Now i just hope im not busy that weekend!

Awesome! Im definitely going to try to make it out. I only have a crossbreed IWB holster and 2 mags but no mag carrier but those are fairly cheap enough to just pick up somewhere. Now i just hope im not busy that weekend!
Sorry to be a nag, but don't spend money on crappy gear that you "just pick up somewhere." Cheap gear is expensive, because you have to buy it twice -- you buy the crappy gear, find out it isn't good enough, and then buy the right gear that you should have bought in the first place. Spend the money for good gear and then you only buy once.

Get yourself mag carriers from Ready Tactical: http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

Chris at CPWSA ships very quickly and you'll have them before the match. These mag carriers work well. And they are smaller than the ones from Comp-tac, so they are easier to fit on the belt. Also, please consider getting an OWB holster as well. Trust me that by the end of the match you'll be sick of your shirt getting in the way of holstering your gun.

Back
Top Bottom