Looking to hire help for moving

Just figured Id throw out this feeler. If it works out, great. If it doesnt, I can make other arrangements.

Looking to hire a guy or possibly 2 for help moving next Saturday July 4th. I know....its a holiday weekend. I dont need movers. Im capable and able bodied. I'll be spear heading this operation, just would like to have another set of hands. I was thinking there might be a highschool or college age guy(s) out there looking to make some quick cash. Move is from Bellingham MA to Brookline NH. I can meet said individual at either location and provide transportation for the rest of the day. Expect to work all day. We'll hustle and work hard but we'll be safe. I figured on paying $15/hr but get in touch with me and that could be negotiable. Thanks!

We've closed down our home and my mother-in-law's home recently and we've been hiring a company called SML. They are a nationwide franchise operation and let me tell you you get your money's worth! I've hired teams of 2 and 3. The team of 3 FILLED a 30 yard commercial dumpster in precisely 90 minutes of household stuff from old lamps to adjust-a-bed frame. They are always super organized. You will not have to touch anything. Spend the money and save your back. We will reschedule them to empty our two PODS at our new home in Maine later this coming month. I would recommend them highly www.simplemovinglabor.com They are insured, too! Good luck!

I used folks found through uhaul. They get rated by customers after the jobs. I "rented" 2 guys to load in MA, 2 others to unload in TN. Can't remember exactly what I paid, but trust me it was worth EVERY penny. Being strong and willing to work is one thing, knowing how to move AND PACK is another story entirely. How much is your back worth?

Last edited:
I used folks found through uhaul. They get rated by customers after the jobs. I "rented" 2 guys to load in MA, 2 others to unload in TN. Can't remember exactly what I paid, but trust me it was worth EVERY penny. Being strong and willing to work is one thing, knowing how to move AND PACK is another story entirely. How much is your back worth?
I've done this as well, and can highly recommend it as an option. But OP is not getting them for anywhere near $15/hr...

I hope you find some help with your move. Moving sucks for many reasons and I did it for the last time when I moved to my current location......NEVER AGAIN......AND I MEAN NEVER.

Back
Top Bottom