• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to have a vp9 slide milled for an RMR

NES Member
Looking for recommendations of A Shop that does this locally. (Within an hour of Saugus) Someone recommended Parker Mountain to me. They have great reviews. But they are three months out. I don't need it done next week or anything but that's a long time to wait.

Ive never done it before, but I can give it a shot with sawzall, soldering iron, and a router for $100

no warranties or refunds
Act now, I have a feeling this offer will be popular

Ive never done it before, but I can give it a shot with sawzall, soldering iron, and a router for $100

no warranties or refunds
Act now, I have a feeling this offer will be popular
Haha I appreciate it but I'll pass for now

I called Northeast Arms. They won't do a VP9. Sent a message to Saxonville Armory.

friend of mine sent his Glock there to be cut, waiting to get it back.

maybe check with these guys, I’ve heard they do good work. https://unitedrandd.com/
please ask this friend to let you know how his experience goes, and perhaps for some pics. I'm sure it'd be helpful to many here to see as well, and if he does a nice job, drum up some business for the guy![thumbsup]

Would it make sense to buy a slide already cut?
That's what I was going to suggest. Not sure if HK sells their new RMR cut slides directly on their own. The VP9 I picked up in March was one of the new pre-milled ones.

That's what I was going to suggest. Not sure if HK sells their new RMR cut slides directly on their own. The VP9 I picked up in March was one of the new pre-milled ones.

I believe they sell a 2020 slide kit. I picked up a 2020 long slide kit during their labor day sale and it comes already pre-cut. You do have to get an adapter plate for it, like with the Glock slides.

I believe they sell a 2020 slide kit. I picked up a 2020 long slide kit during their labor day sale and it comes already pre-cut. You do have to get an adapter plate for it, like with the Glock slides.
Yep, I put a Trijicon RMR on mine.

Gunsmithing Services - Saxonville Armory I asked if they did RMR cuts for a VP9 when I was there , they said yes. Email David he'll take care of you. They're located in Framingham so should be about an hour from you.
Nice. I will reach out and see if they will cut the slide on the side so I can add sights and shoot the gun sideways like a gangster.

Yes, I am serious about doing that.

You got my hopes up. I purchased a long slide a while back. Thought maybe it was cut but didn't notice it . Because at the time I wasn't thinking about an RMR. But no cutt

Last edited:
That would be too easy, to just buy the correct gun.
I never thought of it that way. It would make sense to just sell this and buy one that was already cut.
I know it doesn't make sense logically. But I like this one . I don't want to get rid of it to get something new. I have the same feelings about my wife😂

Is there something special about the VP9 that makes it hard to get milled for a dot?

Ashbury Precision did mine right around when the Ruger Precision came out as they make their own chassis that I checked out and saw they did custom milling.

At the time, it was the most costly custom work I’ve ever done. $600 but the gun, rmr, barrel, all of it was free.

Here’s my decked out VP9 w RMR and HK Parts Spring and HK45 release.

583FA5AD-69C4-4CF3-A700-EF80F05334C1.jpeg
C76BDECA-0F50-4A9D-BC89-7BE018C61DCE.jpeg
51EAD9F3-0DFA-4283-AF9E-286174A27F76.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom