• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to conceal carry

FrugalFannie

NES Member
I am looking for a good fanny/butt pack to CC. I am currently carrying OWB only when I wear jeans. I am rather small and find it hard to get comfortable with it. Also, as someone who spends a lot of time in clothes with no possibility of using a belt (I'm a personal trainer) and not one to carry a purse I would like to know what others have used. I carry my S&W M&P9c/.40c currently. Brand names would be helpful. I would like something small, just enough to carry gun, spare mag, and ID.

Thanks.

Take a look at a Desantis Discrete Hip Pouch - Model # R72.

I've used one for years with a Kahr K40. It's designed to be used with a belt, but an optional paddle can replace the belt loop, or it can be used with a shoulder strap.

Regards
John

I've liked my Kel Tec PF-9 (about $300, but I got mine for $275). It's probably the smallest pistol I own, or would own. It's just big enough to fit my hand so that I'm comfortable I could easily hit my target in a pinch. I have tried the Ruger LCP (not the LCR), but my personal preference is not go below 9mm. I carry the Federal Hydra Shock JHPs in my 9mm carry pistols. Anyhow, that is just my $0.02.

smartcarry

x2 on the smart carry - I use that when I am in athletic gear (weekends, summer nights, etc).

If you're so inclined, I'd also recommend having a look at the Bianchi Ranger Triad, its an ankle holster that works beautifully with a compact M&P; its also my daily carry in a suit.

I carry a M&P 9c, so I feel quite confident in my reply to your situation.

I like and use the Bagmaster Ambidextrous Fanny Pack. It looks smaller, lies flatter and is easier to access (under stress of an attack) than zippered packs. Also. it doesn't flap over your legs when you open it to draw.

The inside is an empty pouch. It holds the gun nice and secure if you get the right size. For example, Small - mouse guns; Medium - Glock 30 and 19; Large- Glock 21.

It's held closed by a snap and loop (velcro), running halfway round. You grab and pull the flap, the pack opens halfway, top to bottom, exposing the grip of your gun. The other half of the closed pack supports the trigger and rest of the gun so it doesn't fall out. Plenty of room to get a good grip - it doesn't need a strap or a holster.

Sturdy, well balance and good quality for the price. Comes with lifetime warranty.

http://www.bagmaster.com click link for Fanny and Belt Packs

I am looking for a good fanny/butt pack to CC. I am currently carrying OWB only when I wear jeans. I am rather small and find it hard to get comfortable with it. Also, as someone who spends a lot of time in clothes with no possibility of using a belt (I'm a personal trainer) and not one to carry a purse I would like to know what others have used. I carry my S&W M&P9c/.40c currently. Brand names would be helpful. I would like something small, just enough to carry gun, spare mag, and ID.

Thanks.

I am a fan of my new "toy" it is a .25cal Beretta 950...love it. I work in an office in which I am in skirts and black dress pants and this is a perfect peice for me to conceal. I too am not a very big woman and I loathe purses. I hope you find something you like and that makes you happy...good luck in the quest!

I love the camelback one - while it may or may not have its disadvantages the last thing it will scream is "gun!"

I have a Smartcarry for my Seecamp 32, which is perfect in skirts, dresses or loose pants, but does not work at all in jeans or other even semi-fitted pants. Even with the micro Seecamp. I can't imagine a woman trying to wear anything but a pea shooter in jeans with the thing. In a dress - even a business suit dress - or skirt I think you could keep a pretty good sized weapon. But I know that's not the topic at hand. [grin]

I picked up a belly band at Stateline and it works so much better than I had dreamed. The Seecamp would disappear in there (in a bad way) without extra tailoring to make a pocket for it, but the J-frame snubby tucks in nicely with the handle between the girls, and the HK45C tucks nicely on the side. That, plus the extra slimming from the thing provides the room for the weapons. Then again, since you're a personal trainer you probably have less pliable gun hiding material (i.e. fat) than I.

You also might want to consider where the OWB rides when you wear that style - I find a higher position lets it tuck much better than a lower position that keeps it near the hips.

I really appreciate all the input. Keep it coming. I just heard from Jim Conway he may have a fanny pack available. I'll check his out and see if it will work for me. I was also thinking an ankle holster may do the trick as my work/workout pants are loose on the ankle. I just would have to be careful if I was doing any high kicks/steps as the pants may ride up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom