Looking to buy second gun

Shot and really liked my ruger sr9 now i already want to get another gun, mainly for target shooting. Looking to spend 600-800 this upcoming weekend since its tax free. Problem is there is too many things i want and cant narrow it down to just one, im thinking of a 357 magnum, some sort of 1911, some sort of 223 rifle, or i might spend whatever i have to get an ak47. Any suggestions or brands and makes i should look for?

Shot and really liked my ruger sr9 now i already want to get another gun, mainly for target shooting. Looking to spend 600-800 this upcoming weekend since its tax free. Problem is there is too many things i want and cant narrow it down to just one, im thinking of a 357 magnum, some sort of 1911, some sort of 223 rifle, or i might spend whatever i have to get an ak47. Any suggestions or brands and makes i should look for?
Buy them all silly. You know you want to. You will eventually anyways.

Buy an AR! Everyone needs one, and since the market has basically fallen out it's a good time to pick one up.

I would troll the classifieds for one though... there's been some good deals lately.

I second the grabbing of an AR. I heard four seasons has a bunch for around 600. That's 200 bucks for ammo. Should get you 2 or 3 mags worth these days.

endless possibilities but I really like my Ruger SP101. can shoot 357 mag when you want a big band and 38 special when you want something a little more economical. fun either way

Ruger SP-101 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22 if you want to start on rifle marksmanship!

I love my ruger, have a gp100, definitely a worthwhile investment.

But in todays market, with AR prices the way they are, that's where I would spend my money.

357 I would suggest a S&W 686. Shoots both 38 special and 357 magnum and a great gun.

If you really want a target gun get in AR platform hard to beat a rock river national match. You can have one shipped to mass dealer for transfer tax free everyday also a shit ton cheaper(there is a bit of a wait right now though) rra nm claims 3/4 moa witlh hornady match ammo. Off the bench I got my reloads down to 1moa. I am not that good yet.
I love my S&W model 41 for target and the ruger MKIII hunter is sweet also.
I have a sw model 19-2 357 I love loading up nice plush 38spl semi wadcutters for target shooting.

Want a nice deal on rra nm pm me.

I say get an AR or AK. As a Boston resident I can't have either so I'm living vicariously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

My second gun was a 1911. If you are more in to handgun's that is what I would recommend. If you are looking to get into rifle then go with an AR. Remember buying face to face is always tax free

I think a second handgun in the same caliber would be a good idea.

Or if you want to move into rifles as i have done recently, before you buy. Shoot both the ar and ak and see what you like better.

Ah the good old days, I remember buying my second gun, was a couple days after my first gun!

First Gun, 1911, second gun was a S&W 22 because the first day with the 1911 cost like 100 bucks in ammo!

So many guns ago, good memories - still have them both!

Get an AK. Lots of grins, small money for surplus ammo, shoots big holes and it just looks kool! You can piss on it (ask Attila) throw it in the mud, run over it in your SUV and set it on fire and it still shoots.

/thread

[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=AK+on+fire&mid=B7820F2706C8FAA952A9B7820F2706C8FAA952A9&view=detail&FORM=VIRE7[/video]

Last edited:
Time for a rifle. AR or AK take your pick. :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good time to get an AR.
For whatever reason the AK prices haven't dropped as fast, but if you find a deal...
You'll always be able (well maybe) to get a nice wheel gun.
Buy low before the next round of "Who's the biggest retard" kicks in and the prices go through the roof again.
A good quality 20" AR and some nice sights and you've got a sweet long range shooter.
Ak's a cheap date and she puts out. [wink]

I have a bushmaster carbon 15 that shoots perfectly dirt cheap fpr a ar platfor these days . or there is always a shotgun which would leave plaenty of dough for ammo

I just bought a 22 so I could go shoot targets more often without spending a small fortune. Just a thought.

I've shot my new ar a few times now and every time I do there is a big smile on my face. With prices not as high now I would get one next.

If by "target shooting" you mean by yourself at a range, go with whatever interests you. If you want to compete, figure out what kind of competition. A .22 target pistol (e.g. Ruger Mark something or a S&W model 41) is good for developing skill and competing in bullseye leagues. A good 1911 can take you into another kind/level of target competition. If you end up looking for something more action-oriented, get advice from someone (else) with a clue. If you're looking for a .22 rifle, consider a CZ over a 10/22 - slightly more money, but I've never met anyone who has tried one that didn't enjoy it.

I think you are required by federal law to get a modern musket. its sort of a grey area , but most people go with an AR15. Rebellious types lean towards AK47 variants.

I'm not a lawyer , so dont got quoting me on this , but I am pretty sure its a law. The dude at the gun shop told me so.

Back
Top Bottom