• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to buy my first Chronograph

I need some input on buying my first Chronograph. I would like to use it for both rifle and pistol, as well on a few occasions, pellet guns. I have seen the Shooting Chrony's F-1 Chronograph around the range allot. It seems to be a popular one, but... I don’t know Jack about chronographs at all. So if anyone has some experience with them I would like to hear the pros and cons of different models.
Thank you
Tackleberry

I need some input on buying my first Chronograph. I would like to use it for both rifle and pistol, as well on a few occasions, pellet guns. I have seen the Shooting Chrony's F-1 Chronograph around the range allot. It seems to be a popular one, but... I don’t know Jack about chronographs at all. So if anyone has some experience with them I would like to hear the pros and cons of different models.
Thank you
Tackleberry

My next chronograph will have to have a remote screen, one that stays on the bench where I can see it and read it. At worst, this minimizes the risk of shooting the guts of most brands, too.
If you want all the bells and whistles, I guess you'll have to buy one of those with the computer hook-ups and so forth.
I'll leave the brand selection up to you, since I've only owned the Chrony F1 and this was hard to read with my old eyes. It did the rest to my satisfaction, however.

I have the shooting crony with remote display. No controls though. You need a switch to control it or the calculator thing.
I don't use it all that much. If your going to do a good amount of load testing and multiple strings there are better units I'm sure.
My serves my needs. Is simple and built pretty well. Works indoors with the correct light and I,use mine more with pellet guns that firearms......I just have more time and access(basement) to play with pellguns.

I've got a prochrono - has served me well thus far. Sprung the extra $50 for the dongle and use my tablet on the bench to record data. Very useful for load development.

8df89af9268ed52245fad6f152f9753b.jpg

be5100390dc20443190d4083daa1c786.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a prochrono - has served me well thus far. Sprung the extra $50 for the dongle and use my tablet on the bench to record data. Very useful for load development.

8df89af9268ed52245fad6f152f9753b.jpg

be5100390dc20443190d4083daa1c786.jpg

+1 on the Pro Chrono. Great product from a company with great customer service.

Back
Top Bottom