• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking To Buy CO2 Powered Pellet Pistol- What's Decent?

As title says, looking to get a CO2 powered pellet pistol for backyard plinking, chasing squirrels away from the birdfeeders etc.. I have looked online and there are a ton of different makes/models out there. I don't want a rifle, pistol/revolver only.

My requirements are, CO2 powered, repeater (6 or more shots) and decent trigger (under say 6 lbs). If it could mount some sort of red dot (cheap) that would be a plus. I would like to keep it under $150 if possible. Tell me what you have and what you like about it and also where you got it or the best place you would recommend to buy one from. Thanks in advance, I look forward to your replies.

I have a few, mostly not very expensive crap that's pretty much china made, rebranded where its sold. You should look through various stores and check out reviews. Watch out for comments on how much accuracy/power is reduced as cartridges empties and the seal for the cartridge. The biggest problem is that no matter what, that CO2 cartridge will leak so you are not going to leave that thing and have it ready to go tomorrow, at least after a while, the seals with loosen up and you want to shoot it once you put new cartridge in.

There are many choices of pumps, like even Daisy pistol with Walther barrel, under $100, tack driver, but that's not what you want, just saying.

I have a few, mostly not very expensive crap that's pretty much china made, rebranded where its sold. You should look through various stores and check out reviews. Watch out for comments on how much accuracy/power is reduced as cartridges empties and the seal for the cartridge. The biggest problem is that no matter what, that CO2 cartridge will leak so you are not going to leave that thing and have it ready to go tomorrow, at least after a while, the seals with loosen up and you want to shoot it once you put new cartridge in.

There are many choices of pumps, like even Daisy pistol with Walther barrel, under $100, tack driver, but that's not what you want, just saying.

Yea, I know the CO2 leaks out eventually, I'm not expecting to leave it loaded and gassed and it will be ready to go a couple days later. I can't really do the pumps either as I have pretty severe arthritis in my wrists and hands which also explains why I don't want a rifle (breakbarrel type).

I have an MnP B.B. pistol. It’s alright I bought it because it would fit a holster and I could practice drawing. Trigger is heavy but not bad. For $40 it’s nice.

If I wanted another I’d get the P320 they say has a 5lb trigger. I’ve seen it around $100.

For under $150 just buy what you think is cool.
Many are just rebranded umerex or other China cheap.
I only have the "357" revolver left for Co2 . It's ok mounting a red dot is useless as it mounts to a loose rail on the barrel.
As for triggers good luck most suck.
What I have had.
Swiss arms 1911 , ok but short lived no parts easily available.
Several sub $50 crosmans ......shoot till they break some lasted years.
Daisy, few power line models and a single pump target model which was actually not to bad.

I know you want a repeater but in your price range with C02 the crosman 2300 is about the best in accuracy and trigger. The trigger is not hard to modify to make it better also.
All my years of pellet guns the pistols ......buy a few wal mart cheap ones. I recently seen one that looked like scholfield if I did not dislike co2 i might have snagged it.

As for squirrels good luck hitting them with a BB pistol and if you do most likely will only injure them. Lean towards pellets for added accuracy only if the pellet gun has a rifled barrel.

Full load tactical...
Daisy Powerline 5503 CO2 BB Gun Combo. Air guns - PyramydAir.com

I had the "357" revolver for about 5 years before it gave up the ghost. Quick reloads and pretty good accuracy. Powerful enough for squirrel, accurate enough for mice. I liked mine.

Daisy model 93 was the pistol of my childhood. 15 round mags and if I remember the first 60 shots were pretty powerful. I am sure tech has improved over the years but it served me well.

For under $150 just buy what you think is cool.
Many are just rebranded umerex or other China cheap.
I only have the "357" revolver left for Co2 . It's ok mounting a red dot is useless as it mounts to a loose rail on the barrel.
As for triggers good luck most suck.
What I have had.
Swiss arms 1911 , ok but short lived no parts easily available.
Several sub $50 crosmans ......shoot till they break some lasted years.
Daisy, few power line models and a single pump target model which was actually not to bad.

I know you want a repeater but in your price range with C02 the crosman 2300 is about the best in accuracy and trigger. The trigger is not hard to modify to make it better also.
All my years of pellet guns the pistols ......buy a few wal mart cheap ones. I recently seen one that looked like scholfield if I did not dislike co2 i might have snagged it.

As for squirrels good luck hitting them with a BB pistol and if you do most likely will only injure them. Lean towards pellets for added accuracy only if the pellet gun has a rifled barrel.

Full load tactical...
Daisy Powerline 5503 CO2 BB Gun Combo. Air guns - PyramydAir.com[/QUOTE

Thanks for your insights, sounds like you've had a bit of experience with pellet/BB guns. After reading some reviews on the latest SIG line of pistols that seem nice, many complain of feeding problems. While I like the idea of reloading less, I'm leaning to the 6/8 shot revolver type. I definitely want a pellet pistol with rifled barrel, if it can shoot BB's it's a plus but not necessary.

My other option is to find someone to recondition my old Crosman 600 pellet pistol. It is a beautiful gun, but not sure how much it would be to get it in top operating condition again. What brand .357 revolver do you have and are they all made by one or two companies?

I purchased this for the 13 year old grandson two Christmases ago. I also purchased 4 additional magazines. This is a great CO2 pistol it has a blow back slide, feels and weighs the same as a real 1911. We set up targets in the back yard and have a real nice time of pinking and proper gun handling. The pistol was $100.00 I don't remember how much the additional magazines were. This thing fit the bill for back yard shooting because there is no way I could shoot a real gun in my neighborhood.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the link, I have heard of this company. They definitely carry probably anything you could be looking for, actually too many choices. I have to do a bit more thinking and narrow down my choices.
You're welcome. I actually prefer the single shots myself like the Crossman which I used to mod the valves and to make them hit much harder. I always used the .22's, got a pic of one I did years back and sold to my buddy behind enemy lines. See if I can dig up a pic.

i have a gamo pt85 blowback semi-auto. i keep it loaded and charged in the shed for occasional pest control. co2 doesn't leak as you mentioned in the OP, it can sit for months.

double sided 16 round mag. picatinny rail under muzzle if you want to add the red dot. sights are not adjustable, but work surprisingly well( at least on the one i got) accuracy suffers near end of cartridge life, you have to sight a bit higher. IIRC it was about $65.00

i originaly bought it for back-yard plinking, but that got old fast. punches through one wall of a laundry jug from 25 feet.

A buddy recently got one of those Gamo blowbacks, the C-15. I think was under $100 iirc. Not sure how accurate, but has some nice weight to it, not cheap feeling.

Watching thread. I would like to get something strong enough to kill a skunk that's coming around. Hoping a head shot can kill it without it spraying.
Been about 20 feet or so outside my kitchen window every night digging the lawn. Guess I better get some GrubEx too!

Back
Top Bottom