• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to buy an uzi

No rhyme or reason just want to add something different to my safe. I'm thinking full size pistol because I can't stand the barrel on the uzi rifle and I'm not sure I want to bother with the nfa hassle to sbr it. Anyone have some brand recommendations? Can you buy uzi uzis in the states? Total uzi noob and I'm on my phone and bored. Any help tips much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what state you live in, but if it's MA - good luck finding a full size Uzi pistol...More likely to find one of these, but they will be expensive:

uzi-pistol.gif

If you want the look and feel of an Uzi 'old school', you will need to either live with the 16" barrel, or at least be able to enjoy your gun with the 16" barrel while you await your SBR stamp...That would be the way I'd go, but that's just me...

Even still - I'd get a full size, SBR it and then get a can... Life would be good. I think the hassle is worth it. $200 and some paperwork, still be able to shoot while you wait and have something pretty cool....

I'm thinking this is a good idea, I have the ARs glocks 1911 shotguns etc etc and my girl is buying me a gun for christmas so what the hell. I'm going to call my gun shop when they open, can you get uzi brand uzis or are we stuck with a choice of copies? And if so what is the best?

No - original IMI Uzi Model A's and B's are available. There are copies, but buyer beware. Vector used to make excellent copies, but once the AWB sunsetted, their QC went belly up, (and so did they)...If you can find a pre-94 Vector, it may be an inexpensive way to go. I however, would drop the coin and go genuine IMI Model B if you can swing it...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=IMI+Uzi

Pay no mind to the $2700.00 price on listing #1 - that's lunacy. Dependent on condition and accessories, expect to pay $1k and up...

Thank you, money isn't a problem as I'd rather keep my money than buy a piece of junk. Still a bit confused though, can I buy an imi uzi nibfrom an ffl?

Thank you, money isn't a problem as I'd rather keep my money than buy a piece of junk. Still a bit confused though, can I buy an imi uzi nibfrom an ffl?

You absolutely can - I did. They are not manufactured anymore, but there are plenty of unfired or like new IMI's out there. I bought mine at collectors in Stoneham a few years ago and it was absolutely unfired - pristine. It's not anymore...[wink]

Back
Top Bottom