• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking into an M1 Garand

Just received an email today that my order mailed 9/22 has been received and is being sent to sales/shipping! So what is everyones thoughts on the rifles/carbines in korea?

I see no reason why trump wouldn't let them through, easy way to get gun owners backing him heavily and even the most anti gun people will barely care.

I see no reason why trump wouldn't let them through, easy way to get gun owners backing him heavily and even the most anti gun people will barely care.

Even if Trump lets the rifles be imported be it carbines or M1s they need to be still for sale.
God knows what the S. Korean Gov. Did with the rifles after the deal fell through.
Remember the rifles and carbines in Korea are owned by the S.Korean government not on lend lease program from the U.S. Army so if Trump opens the gates a importer would have to buy these from the Korean government.
Just prior to obama putting the stop to the further import of military arms Century Arms Internation had a 50mil deal with Korea.
There are other countries that might have some also. Israel was selling off carbines prior to obama ban.
CMP does not buy or import anything. Any thing the CMP gets for surplus arms comes from the U.S. Army.

+1
The only thing stopping them was the Obama administration. My only question is how they will be sold. I'm hoping the CMP gets them. They do a great job of ensuring the rifles are up to snuff.

The only down side might be that my $1000 carbine will only be worth $500 when the Koreans release 770,000 of them on the US market, but I'd be happy to make the sacrifice.

+1
The only thing stopping them was the Obama administration. My only question is how they will be sold. I'm hoping the CMP gets them. They do a great job of ensuring the rifles are up to snuff.

The only down side might be that my $1000 carbine will only be worth $500 when the Koreans release 770,000 of them on the US market, but I'd be happy to make the sacrifice.

Remember CMP was not getting any M1s from Korea before this. Because CMP only gets rifles from the US ARMY.
If the Koreans do still have them and sell them to a importer don't worry about prices.
They will be high... Don't expect "CMP" prices on the imported ones. They will also be import marked and if they have the newer billboard import marks...going to be ugly.
My guess if they ever come back they will be 700+ for a field grade.
I also fear the importers will part swap the shit out of them and chery pick the good stuff and have prices to match.

Here is what you do.

Print out the paper work fill out all the information. get all your required documents dont forget the Notary.
now send in the paper work and order something. Ammo, slings, what have you.
WHEN the M1 garands open for orders again your paper work will be all set on CMP system.
Now while your waiting for the CMP sales on M1 to open PRINT another order form and have it ready to go when sales open up again.
[laugh2] About 3 months after I missed out on the M1 carbines the CMP sent back my voided check and a letter telling me that my application had been processed and I had been assigned a customer number. The letter told me what the number was and that all I had to do in the future was reference my customer number on future orders.

Last edited:
[laugh2] About 3 months after I missed out on the M1 carbines the CMP sent back my voided check and a letter telling me that my application had been processed and I had been assigned a customer number. The letter told me what the number was and that all I had to do in the future was reference my customer number on future orders.

Just email customer service they will tell you your number.

Back
Top Bottom