• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking fora box of Aguila Colibri

I am looking for a box of the primer only Aguila 22 to take care of an issue in my yard. Has anyone seen any in the Worcester area or have a box they would sell or trade for some regular 22.
Is the CCI quiet as quite as the Colibri

Try some of the .22 short CB caps:

22short29lrn0026cci-100-a.jpg

I nailed a few woodchucks in my yard with them, they're very quiet, just a "pop" is all you hear.
No, they don't cycle in semi-autos, but they work in nearly all other action types, even many lever guns.

I don't know about the noise level of the Colibri, but I've shot the CCI CB Longs, they're pretty quiet.

I've got some other subsonic stuff (Eley) too. The CCI I should have, I would have to find.

Tombstone usually has some but as others said if you can find c.b 's just as quiet and I think they have a little more punch.

Call Minuteman Armory, I know they had some earlier this summer if Tombstone doesn't work out for you.

Chet, fleck, I will be down to the Pumpkin shoot, I can give you some, or have someone get them (Eley Subsonic) to you, if you want.

No need to give me anything in return, I got these to see if my Win 52 likes them. It prefers Eley Target, which I now have plenty of.

CCI quiets are great. Shot many of them at the range and impressed. Can still connect at 100 yards. Never hunted w them byt they seem plenty powerful for a squirrel.

i still see them around NH gunshops. Not sure elsewhere. i think now that standard 22lr more available the oddball 22 is less prevalant.

I actually think the Walmart near me has some CCI quiets. Maybe I will try a few at the range in my 22 bolt rifle to see how loud they are. I have houses close by so they need to be real quiet.

i have a box of fifty (less 5 i tried out) super colibri, 20 grain. i found them to be as loud as starter pistol blanks, so probably not what you're looking for.

There is Colibri (intended for handguns), and Super Colibri for rifles. The regular isn't recommended for rifles, because it might not clear the barrel. The Super, in a rifle length barrel, is as quiet as any air rifle (and quieter than many). In a 6" barrel, the Super is "Holy crap, get back inside before the neighbors call the cops!"

It's awesome for backyard plinking at 10 yards or less and easily shoots to minute-of-vermin at that range. I wouldn't trust its power for anything larger than a fuzzy tailed tree rat, though.

I bought a case of it some years ago and still have bricks left. I'd throw you a box, but we're too far away for FTF, and I'm not mailing it to MA.

I actually think the Walmart near me has some CCI quiets. Maybe I will try a few at the range in my 22 bolt rifle to see how loud they are. I have houses close by so they need to be real quiet.

They are quieter than an air rifle out of a bolt gun. I was shooting a Henry lever gun out back thinking my neighbor was at work, she asked if I was shooting a BB gun. I told her yes then switched it out for one just in case. Nothing ever happened.
My wife's dog freaks out over loud noise and it didn't bother her either.

seconding the CCI CB shorts. I've fired them inside at night and nobody outside the room heard it. Quieter than some bb guns out of my 24" bolt action.

Chet,

Sturbridge WalMart has CCI Quiets, I was there on Thursday. Klem's in Spencer carries Colibri, give them a call.

Just don't use the close relative Marion Cobretti version...

tumblr_nh7h3oXgWs1solnq1o4_500.gif

You'll have the SWAT teams arriving for sure.
Love that movie

- - - Updated - - -

seconding the CCI CB shorts. I've fired them inside at night and nobody outside the room heard it. Quieter than some bb guns out of my 24" bolt action.
Walmart actually has some of them on the shelf. I will pick up a box later. Kinda pricy $10 for 50 but if they do the job they are worth it.

I actually looked in my 22 and I had some quiets. They are close to silent out of my 513T and are accurate at 25 yards. I took the gun and the ammo to the range and I was amazed at how quiet they were. There were a few guys at the range and they thought I was shooting an air rifle. These will do the trick for sure.

I actually looked in my 22 and I had some quiets. They are close to silent out of my 513T and are accurate at 25 yards. I took the gun and the ammo to the range and I was amazed at how quiet they were. There were a few guys at the range and they thought I was shooting an air rifle. These will do the trick for sure.

It's a lot quieter on the range with earplugs than it is from the kitchen out the slider. Ask me how I know.

any .22 with 750 fps is the ticket - shorts, LR, etc

Shorts are rated at 750 FPS - anything in a LR case listed at 750 FPS will perform the same - don't expect semi's to cycle as listed above. Those old single shot bolt guns rock for a reason.

Funny thing about 22 CB Long ammo.

My Win 190 (semi-auto) feeds it just fine, even if I have to cycle the bolt myself.

The bolt guns I have largely jam with it. The 10/22's all jammed with it.

So, though it may not cycle, some semi autos are fine with it. It varies from gun to gun.

Back
Top Bottom