Looking for trigger recommendations

Hello!

Firearm - Sig 516

Question- I'm not experienced in switching or adjusting parts outside of sights or optics at all. Looking to change out or adjust the stock trigger. Nothing about it feels comfortable. Please humor my lack of knowledge!

Geissele, Timney, CMC. There are fans of all of these here. I'm partial to the Timney. It "drops right in. Takes 5 minutes to install. There are a bunch of others, but none are inexpensive. Any AR trigger will work. Google AR triggers.

Look up the JP Enterprise spring sets on Brownell's to start. Also google the 50 cent trigger job. If the stock trigger is gritty you can lap the contact surfaces to eliminate it. I would do that before dropping a couple hundred dollars (or more) on a trigger.

For the JP haters, and other misinformed, a simple alteration of the hammer eliminates issues with military round primers. Said "issues" are not rampant. The alteration of the hammer reduces them to zero.

Look up the JP Enterprise spring sets on Brownell's to start. Also google the 50 cent trigger job. If the stock trigger is gritty you can lap the contact surfaces to eliminate it. I would do that before dropping a couple hundred dollars (or more) on a trigger.

For the JP haters, and other misinformed, a simple alteration of the hammer eliminates issues with military round primers. Said "issues" are not rampant. The alteration of the hammer reduces them to zero.

I did try the lube and it definitely was better but still not what Im looking for, I will give a look at JP triggers though, thanks!

Geissele, Timney, CMC. There are fans of all of these here. I'm partial to the Timney. It "drops right in. Takes 5 minutes to install. There are a bunch of others, but none are inexpensive. Any AR trigger will work. Google AR triggers.

I did hear good things about geiselle, I'll definitely be giving them and the others you mentioned a look, thanks!

Dollar-for-dollar, the Geissele G2S 2-Stage Trigger is one of the best deals going. Basically, it's an SSA trigger that uses a more traditional way of holding the hammer pin in place, and has no laser markings. It's manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA, has the same feel, and from the outside of the weapon there is no difference.

You can find the G2S for about $160, and frequently even cheaper. I bought my last two for around $130.

Dollar-for-dollar, the Geissele G2S 2-Stage Trigger is one of the best deals going. Basically, it's an SSA trigger that uses a more traditional way of holding the hammer pin in place, and has no laser markings. It's manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA, has the same feel, and from the outside of the weapon there is no difference.

You can find the G2S for about $160, and frequently even cheaper. I bought my last two for around $130.

Thanks for the specific recommendation, helping me narrow it down haha

- - - Updated - - -

You just missed a group buy opportunity a week ago, but the organizer might still be able to help you out?
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...OSED-Geissele-Triggers-15-off-including-Tavor

I've missed out on a ton haha, I'll look into it and see what comes of it, thank you!

View attachment 121889Bought this complete for 52.00 and is better than my spikes trigger. It's about 4 lbs and very smooth. For the $ I will get another.It doesn't compete with Geiselle though it's 3 times cheaper

You can get the same effect with the <$12 set of JP springs and a little time lapping the contact surfaces. The 50 cent trigger job removes the vast majority of creep in the trigger. Just take care to not go too far when performing the mod.

For lapping, there are more than a few compound choices. I picked up three different diamond paste grits a while back to use. I simply put a little bit onto a thick piece of leather, that I use to lap the parts. Use some good lube after that, on the pivot points and springs, and you'll improve the trigger some more.

View attachment 121889Bought this complete for 52.00 and is better than my spikes trigger. It's about 4 lbs and very smooth. For the $ I will get another.It doesn't compete with Geiselle though it's 3 times cheaper

Note that the trigger is made by ALG Defense. "ALG" are the initials for Amy Geissele, Bill Geissele's wife. So, technically, it is a Geissele trigger...

Do you want a single stage trigger or a two stage? What do you want to use it for? Price range? If you plan on installing it yourself, what is your level of mechanical ability?

Note that the trigger is made by ALG Defense. "ALG" are the initials for Amy Geissele, Bill Geissele's wife. So, technically, it is a Geissele trigger...
Correct. I'm really just saying it's not a 170.00 trig. But I just wanted a smooth trig and wasn't looking for a 2 Lb one. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom