Looking for tower space around the Lawrence/ Andover area

My friend and I are wondering if anyone knows of any tower space available in the Andover area. We are planning on setting up our own string of repeaters but need a good place for our first one. Thanks!

I cant help im just curious how from Andover would be acceptable distance as reference.

Seriously, what is a "tower space" in regards to shooting sports or firearms in general? I've never heard of that before and am curious what that means. Maybe I've gotten too old and am not up on the latest and greatest???

Seriously, what is a "tower space" in regards to shooting sports or firearms in general?
Note that this is a ham radio area on NES. It's a place for gun people to talk radio. "Tower space" is the ability to mount the antenna for a radio on an existing tower.

I imagine any commercial building will allow you to rent space as they would likely already do this with the wireless carriers and IoT companies. You're prob trying to be a little more low profile though eh?

The plan is to have a series of VHF high band repeaters spread about the area to give more people access to repeaters, my friend and I are planning on buying the equipment, but as VHF is limited to line of sight we would need a tower on a hill to give the best performance.

My tower question wasnt ham specific, but related....it just made sense to me that this section would be the right section for a question about towers.
It was also helpful.

Just to add some info. I now own a 50' abondon avation tower. It has a 6x6 platform on top. It is located 300' above sea level on a mountain overlooking my property which is approximately 150' above sea level. It has a direct line of sight to my current residence. And a 360 view of the pioneer valley asfar as the eye can see.

While i could rent towers pace, it isn't my objective. Ill probably only use it for recreational observation.. i lost the photo of the tower itself but here's photos of the view from the top.
IMG_20180129_151710.jpg IMG_20180129_151746.jpg IMG_20180129_151755.jpg

My tower question wasnt ham specific, but related....it just made sense to me that this section would be the right section for a question about towers.
It was also helpful.

Just to add some info. I now own a 50' abondon avation tower. It has a 6x6 platform on top. It is located 300' above sea level on a mountain overlooking my property which is approximately 150' above sea level. It has a direct line of sight to my current residence. And a 360 view of the pioneer valley asfar as the eye can see.

While i could rent towers pace, it isn't my objective. Ill probably only use it for recreational observation.. i lost the photo of the tower itself but here's photos of the view from the top.
View attachment 229210 View attachment 229211 View attachment 229213

Wow very cool

What i think is cool is its made from galvanized angle iron and was built early 50s..other than vandalism its in near immaculate condition. The last maintenance was done pre 1985...being 2018 i suspect it will outlive me.

I can only imagine that the materials or galvanizing process was better in the past than it is now.

It was also helpful.

View attachment 229210 View attachment 229211 View attachment 229213
Awesome setup!

Back
Top Bottom