• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for stock recommendations

Hey all,

Just ordered everything for a new upper and I wanted to see what recommendations people had for stocks with similar setups:

BCM 14.5" bbl w/ mid length gas system
Daniel Defense light rail iii 12"
BCM BCG
SJC titan comp
BCM upper receiver

going with a seekins precision forged lower as well.

I plan to use a forward mounted bipod and an AFG2. For optics I use an Eotech 512 with a PA 3x Long eye relief magnifier behind it.

I intend to have the rifle be kind of jack of all trades, I do plan to use for some 3 gun, but also for 25-300yds targets, and self defense.

Thanks all, and at this point I really don't have a top choice, because I have always used the standard M4 stock.

I loved my vltor imod and every magpul stock I've owned. My only thought on your build is that its going to be pretty heavy to be a jack of all trades. I also dumped my afg for an xtm rail hand stop. I like it much better.

This, love my CTRs.

8e6atage.jpg

I havn't yet had the opportunity to use an AFG2, but my seal buddy swears by it. I had a feeling the CTR would be the go to rec. I wish I could test them all haha

I have the Ace on my Windham and like it. Just about a half inch too long for me though.

I have the Vltor on my .22 M&P. Great fit for me with optics, but pricey. My last build I put a Rock River Operator CAR on. Couldn't beat the price, $80 complete with dealer discount and just as good a fit as the Vltor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have been using an Ace stock for quite a while and am happy with it, but I just put the new Magpul fixed stock on one of my ARs and see it as an improvement as it places my head in a better location vis a vis the scope. This stock is available for less than $60.

PS I don't understand the popularity of the two piece EO Tech system. My Leupold CQ/T scope does pretty much the same job (1x3X) with one scope and no add-ons. This is just one of many scopes that will perform the same function of the two piece EO Tech.

On the eotech front. I wanted an Eotech HWS, no ifs and or butts. but at times, magnification is helpful, ergo the swing out with the 3x. It was my only option :) I plan to purchase a scope of some sort and keep in in the form fitted case with the rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

Yessir, the peoples republic

It took me a while to get used to the look of the ACE Skeleton stock, but functionally it's the most comfortable and ergonomically sound stock I've used. Beats the "taticool" crap any day of the week.

Switched to Magpul MOE rifle stocks and prefer them over the others by a wide margin.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I have the Ace on my Windham and like it. Just about a half inch too long for me though.

I have the Vltor on my .22 M&P. Great fit for me with optics, but pricey. My last build I put a Rock River Operator CAR on. Couldn't beat the price, $80 complete with dealer discount and just as good a fit as the Vltor.

Both the Ace and the Magpul MOE are available for $60 or less.

The B5 SOPMOD is a very nice stock. Lots of real estate for a cheek weld and also compact. Cheap too.

For anyone replacing a stock, pm me before you throw it away. Looking for budget build. Thanks.

Yeah, but that is just for the stock. I got the complete kit with buffer, spring, tube, castle nut and wrench.

I don't have a link, but this price was straight from Rock River Arms with C&R license dealer account. It was a dealer special, but they had it running for at least two months.

I can't get into my dealer account pricing on my phone, but did check retail. They are currently having a retail sale. Complete kit with commercial tube is $117.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_id=392&CFID=385258487&CFTOKEN=72417115

Last edited:
twitter is down 30% year to date, a short rally is coming before earnings next month if you want to get in now.

Oh nevermind

Yeah, I thought this was going to be a stock tip thread.

Every month buy a little bit of McDonalds and Coca-Cola, reinvest dividends, and never sell (until retirement).

Update to above. Was able to get on dealer account. Stock sets and lpks are still on sale. Operator stocks with commercial tubes, $80, retail $130. Two stage trigger lpks with Hogue grip $105, retail $200.

Definitely worth getting a C&R for this account. They are a little slow, usually 12-15 days to ship, but then delivery is 2nd day.

Back
Top Bottom