Looking for something comparable to a Ruger LC9 for a left hand shooter?

Hi NES I'm looking to help out my niece husband. He shot the LC9 and liked it but Ruger doesn't make a left handed or amberdextio LC9 model. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. If anyone knows of something compatible to the LC9 please let me know. Thank you. Damn lefty lol

I don't think the safety is a big deal. The mag release button is the problem with the lc9.

As one of those damn lefty shooters, I've been using my trigger finger on mag releases ever since I started shooting pistols. He might want to consider it, if retraining won't be a huge effort. Trigger finger for the mag button is not an option that often occurs to right handed shooters to suggest to lefties, as they've never had to worry about where the mag release is. It makes any pistol that doesn't count on a manual safety lefty friendly, and will give him a lot more choices for the rest of his shooting career.

Does he feel strongly about the safety? I'm a lefty and I'm carrying a Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm with no safety. You could also look at the Glock 43. The the safety is a serious concern, I think the Sig Sauer 938 has an ambi safety.
yes it does

Tell him to use his index finger to drop the mag. I'm right handed and ever since I got a vp9 I prefer that method. Only reason I haven't switched my glock over to that is the preban mags won't seat with a lefty setup. But I prefer it his opinion may differ but I like it.

The only one I'm aware of is the Springfield Armory XDS. Very rare in MA. Maybe something new will be released during SHOT show.

The walther PPS comes to mind. Only thing is the slide lock lever is left side only.
HK P30SK but it's a little bigger than the LC9.

PM9 has a thumb safety, although I don't know if they make any for lefties.

I am a lefty and deal with it no problem in the 'righty' configuration.

As one of those damn lefty shooters, I've been using my trigger finger on mag releases ever since I started shooting pistols. He might want to consider it, if retraining won't be a huge effort. Trigger finger for the mag button is not an option that often occurs to right handed shooters to suggest to lefties, as they've never had to worry about where the mag release is. It makes any pistol that doesn't count on a manual safety lefty friendly, and will give him a lot more choices for the rest of his shooting career.

+1 to the above.
As an added bonus, he'll never get DQ'd from competition for having his finger on the trigger during a reload...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The walther PPS comes to mind. Only thing is the slide lock lever is left side only.

Second this. The ambidextrous mag release is utilized more often than the slide release while firing. I don't know of any other single-stack small carry guns that will feature fully ambidextrous controls, unless you move to a double-stack (P30SK, M&P compact, etc).

lefty here also. I carry a 9mm shield with safety. I just leave the safety off all the time. not a huge deal to me, hasn't ever been clicked on by accident, rubbing against things or any other reason. unfortunately the market in general(not just firearms) is not very lefty friendly.

Safety scare the crap out of me drawing from a holster. I shoot lefty most of the time. P95s are nicely ambi. My Lc9 with no safety us effortless. Go no safety Dao and call it good.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom