• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for someone to replace an AR15 upper for me

Good morning, I am purchasing a flattop AR15 upper for my rifle, and am looking for someone who has swapped these out before. As I am new to this forum, and searching didnt work out so well, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? I live in central MA, and work in Burlington, MA. So, either of those areas are fine. I would prefer someone you have personal experience with-I'd rather not have a catastrophic failure 6" from my nose :).
So, if you have anyone you've dealt with before, that does good work, please let me know. I am looking at doing the swap in about a month or so. turnaround time isnt critical on it, but I'd rather not wait 2 months for my rifle. Thanks in advance!!!

It takes 2 pins to swap out an upper. It can be done in 30 seconds.

It doesn't get any easier than that.

Drop the magazine, clear the weapon, double check that it is unloaded.
push the rear take down pin to the side,
push the front pivot pin to the side ... upper pops off. reverse to put the new upper on

Yes, upper RECEIVER...I have no issues field stripping the weapon :). I meant removing the barrel, swapping the upper, putting the barrel back on, and making sure it is going to function correctly.

I have no plans of doing it on a regular basis, nor do I have the space, as I live in an apt building. If I had a garage, I certainly would do it myself-but, that isnt an option for me.

Back
Top Bottom