Looking for some links to cases ...

Looking for links to cases where someone was charged for drawing their weapon to stop a crime that was happening. Whether it be a bank robbery, a store, someone being jumped.

Cases where the person was charged regardless of their intent to help the victims and bring criminals to a halt.

I know there is always the " i heard ...." but i am looking to find the cold stories as they were written.

Serious answer: Check (Google) for news stories. Then go to visit the courthouse in that jurisdiction to look the cases up.

No easy way as anything in District Court is not centrally computerized and not searchable outside the courthouse. Unsure about Superior Court, but suspect that that is subscription ($$$) service only by 3rd party company so not publicly available either without a personal visit to the courthouse. MA SUCKS! Other states make things like this available easily to residents, not MA!

It's going to be hard because that sort of case often ends up with a CWOF or plea bargain, quite possibly on a charge that does not give an indication of what happened.

It's going to be hard because that sort of case often ends up with a CWOF or plea bargain, quite possibly on a charge that does not give an indication of what happened.

Rob, that is another reason why I suggested the in-person visit based on initial news story. Since he'd know what originally happened, following the Docket Sheet from charges to CWOF or conviction on some unrelated charge (maybe littering by leaving a body in a public place? [laugh]) would show the OP how things really work in the criminal justice system.

Hmmm. So if someone were to have say, been in a bank during an armed robbery and used their EDC to stop the robbery, that case would "vanish" from records in MA?

They don't vanish, they just aren't publicly accessible w/o going to the courthouse in question with the names and dates of the case. Or for Superior Court or SJC you need to subscribe to a pay service unless you visit the courthouse.

Police see everything on a BOP and III but they only see the END RESULT and not what the original charges were.

Back
Top Bottom