• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for some 7.62x25 Load Data

It seems to be very difficult to find some data with powders like True Blue, CFE Pistol, Power Pistol etc.. I've been going with Accurate #2 and #7 with 86 gr round nose.

maybe those powders get up in pressure to fast before getting to 7.62x25 velocity?
I only have use H110
I only have hornady #7 for data with 7.62x25

I think #2 is what I used when I reloaded for that, I'll check my notes. FWIW I loaded from 86gr up to 110gr carbine bullets in x25.

I run 7.5 gr of Power Pistol under the Hornady 86 gr JSP @ 1.32" OAL with good accuracy. No pressure signs.

Though I get VERY good accuracy with 7 gr of Power Pistol under the Hornady 90 gr XTP @ 1.32" OAL. No pressure signs.
217E4F49-5644-41FF-B1C5-8364BD8C348A.jpeg
Both loads have a good amount of muzzle flash which is always nice lol.
98C8F823-3F53-4A9D-912A-FED6980F1B07.png

To make loading/seating bullets easier you may want to expand the casemouths (I use the Lee universal expanding die). I know I had to do this with the 86 gr bullets but I can’t recall if I did with the 90 gr XTPs.

Due to accuracy and availability I’m sticking with the 90 gr XTPs.

I run 7.5 gr of Power Pistol under the Hornady 86 gr JSP @ 1.32" OAL with good accuracy. No pressure signs.

Though I get VERY good accuracy with 7 gr of Power Pistol under the Hornady 90 gr XTP @ 1.32" OAL. No pressure signs.
View attachment 230033
Both loads have a good amount of muzzle flash which is always nice lol.
View attachment 230040

To make loading/seating bullets easier you may want to expand the casemouths (I use the Lee universal expanding die). I know I had to do this with the 86 gr bullets but I can’t recall if I did with the 90 gr XTPs.

Due to accuracy and availability I’m sticking with the 90 gr XTPs.

Thanks for the info, if I remember correctly, the CZ-52 can withstand higher pressures than the TT-33. They suggest TT-33 owners scale back CZ-52 loads. Some HP's I bought online in the 90's chrony at 2200 FPS. That company was sued out of business by Thomas Reilly

Thanks for the info, if I remember correctly, the CZ-52 can withstand higher pressures than the TT-33. They suggest TT-33 owners scale back CZ-52 loads. Some HP's I bought online in the 90's chrony at 2200 FPS. That company was sued out of business by Thomas Reilly
No experience with the CZ52. I just have a Romanian tok and it handles these well.

I've been using sabots regularly. I don't own anything in 7.62x25mm, so I've never run the few that I've reloaded in this caliber.

toc6evZ.jpg

QJaS5s1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, if I remember correctly, the CZ-52 can withstand higher pressures than the TT-33. They suggest TT-33 owners scale back CZ-52 loads.

I thought that was the other way around actually

I have some sabots on hand that I was using with .308, 7.5 Swiss and 7.5 French but haven't tried them with the CZ yet.

have either of you ran into an issue with reloading where after a bullet is seated and pressure applied to the tip it falls into the case?

have either of you ran into an issue with reloading where after a bullet is seated and pressure applied to the tip it falls into the case?
Yup.
I have. With Lee dies and .308 bullets.
Same here. I found myself applying a very firm crimp to hold them in place which isn’t what you want to do. They did shoot well with no real pressure signs. But I now use the Hornady .309 90 gr XTPs with no issues. It’s been so long since I reloaded them I can’t remember if I used the Lee universal expander die to flare the casemouths and make seating the bullet easier. Then apply a light crimp to remove the flare.

Yup.

Same here. I found myself applying a very firm crimp to hold them in place which isn’t what you want to do. They did shoot well with no real pressure signs. But I now use the Hornady .309 90 gr XTPs with no issues. It’s been so long since I reloaded them I can’t remember if I used the Lee universal expander die to flare the casemouths and make seating the bullet easier. Then apply a light crimp to remove the flare.
I didn't want to spring for the RCBS dies, so I fished around though my stuff and ended up full-length sizing with 7.62x25 dies, then partially sizing the necks with a .30 Carbine die, and flaring with a universal expander.

I have some .309 bullets for the next time I load them.

I wish I knew all this before getting .308 bullets, but it's good to know. I'll come up with a plan before seating.

I'm surprised the lyman 50th has 7.62x25 and 7.63x25(30 mauser) load data grouped together. The 7.62 tok is loaded to a pretty significantly higher pressure. The cases are interchangeable but the tok is hotter. That makes me think they are way low balling the 7.62 tok. I'd have thought they would note the pressure difference so someone doesn't shoot 7.62 tok out of a c96 and catch a bolt to the face

I’m using Redding .30 Mauser dies. Making dummy rounds before I reload and roll crimping them using PPU 30c/7.62 85gr JHP (.3065)
They are consistently fall inside the case if pressure is applied to a bullet

Any ideas?

I’m using Redding .30 Mauser dies. Making dummy rounds before I reload and roll crimping them using PPU 30c/7.62 85gr JHP (.3065)
They are consistently fall inside the case if pressure is applied to a bullet

Any ideas?
I wish I could help but you need to either find dies that will size the cases smaller, or larger diameter (.309") bullets to fill the necks.

I'm surprised the lyman 50th has 7.62x25 and 7.63x25(30 mauser) load data grouped together. The 7.62 tok is loaded to a pretty significantly higher pressure. The cases are interchangeable but the tok is hotter. That makes me think they are way low balling the 7.62 tok. I'd have thought they would note the pressure difference so someone doesn't shoot 7.62 tok out of a c96 and catch a bolt to the face

They are. You have to look back at earlier volumes to find the real tok loads.

FWIW, I have a variety of 30 caliber bullets in my collection. Some 90g XTP-HP and some unsized/unlubed LRN (likely the Lyman 313249). There are some other .312" diameter LSWCs, but these are geared more for the .32-20, .32 S&W etc. I don't know how well this profile will work in the 7.62/7.63, if at all.

You can always take the .32 caliber bullets and size them to .309" or whatever size required. There's a few brands of .312" diameter FNJ-RN and such.
Bullets | Reloading Supplies

Last edited:
I wish I could help but you need to either find dies that will size the cases smaller, or larger diameter (.309") bullets to fill the necks.

Do you think a coating of lacquer, paint, wax, or whatever around the base of the bullet would help? Anything to tighten the fit until it's seated and crimped.

Do you think a coating of lacquer, paint, wax, or whatever around the base of the bullet would help? Anything to tighten the fit until it's seated and crimped.
It might work, but the rounds won't be right. The case tension alone is supposed to do all of the "hold" on a taper crimped cartridge, and provide most of the hold even for roll crimped cartridges. If you're trying to glue or crimp them in, they're not right.

I'd call the die manufacturer and see if there's anything they can do.

Back
Top Bottom