• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for Senior Javascript programmer

richc

NES Member
I own a smallish software company with 4 offices around the country and our headquarters in Framingham. We write custom business software for a variety of customers and industries. We're moving into a new development environment that is Javascript based and that is not our forté.

We need a senior person to help us in many ways and help our company prepare for offering development services. This will include:

- Quickly coming up to speed on this flavor of Javascript
- Learn the new development environment
- Help us evaluate and create reusable libraries to automate repetitive tasks and create a competitive advantage for us in the market
- Be primary developer for us for the first few projects to help validate our approach
- Help train staff in the new environment and libraries we create
- Help get this new service offering off the ground!

The job will require working out of our Framingham office. Being the instrument of change in a company can't be done remotely IMHO. It can be full time or contracting. Full time employment provides benefits we offer including a gun friendly environment (well mostly...). We seriously have quite a number of gun folks on staff and water cooler talk is often about the latest handgun purchase or a great ammo on sale.

We've been in business over 30 years and have a strong reputation in the industry. Many of our customers have been with us for MANY years, including some over several decades. Personally I've written a number of tech books and for years spoke at many software industry conferences. Now I'm old and tired and let the young folks have the fun! :)

I've been a "geek" since high school. I attended Boston Latin and graduated in 1971. Turns out an alumni from IBM donated an IBM 1130 for students to learn on in the late 60's. I cut my teeth on Fortran and Basic. And learned oh so many others over the years.

Ping me here on NES if you have any questions. I think this will be a fun opportunity for the right person, without all the shackles that big company policies often present. We're a fun company with a bit of irreverence and a strong emphasis on customer service. In fact I describe us as a customer service company that happens to be good at technology. We empower our folks to take good care of customers, even when it costs us money.

If you have questions, ask away. Compensation... well I'm not quite sure. It will largely depend on experience and will certainly be fair. We are a very financially secure company, and this offering is very important to our future IMHO. Yes, this is my pet project... I believe this is our future.

Thanks for listening!

Rich

You may want to reach out to Clojurescript developers as well. It compiles to JavaScript binaries but with the benefits of functional programming.

Back
Top Bottom