• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for rod/gun club on North Shore

Funny guy!

Found the Danvers guy.

Are you really not aware that your club has that reputation?
Sure your membership has grown, every single clubs membership has grown over "the past few years".
Just read the responses in here. Not everyone can be wrong.

I admit my opinions on DFG are based on my own bit of research and some very limited conversations with a handful of people from there (prob ~5-6 years ago), so I do appreciate hearing first hand accounts. Thanks Glockster.

Found the Danvers guy.

Are you really not aware that your club has that reputation?
Sure your membership has grown, every single clubs membership has grown over "the past few years".
Just read the responses in here. Not everyone can be wrong.
To back him up I did falsely state about the slow fire. I was pissed off after dealing with someone who didnt want to keep his gun and ammo separate behind the fireing line.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I am a member at df&g. Not a fan of the old timers and there politics. But I am a RO at the pin range and it is alot of fun there. Good people and fun to hang out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

and you or some other RO is there every day during sun up to sun down ?
Nope. I wish we didn't need to have RO to shoot every time. But the pin range is open Saturday Sunday and Wednesday night's. Hours change. Getting more RO and more times to open the range

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m in Marblehead and have been going to Cape Ann. Was a member of Danvers, but left due to the FUDDS and RO BS. Planning on joining Cape Ann as I like to bring guests with me, and it seems Hamilton isn’t very open to that from what I’ve been told/read.

FYI...
The Guest Policy at Cape Ann is a member can bring a guest to acquaint them with the facility. 3 times in a year max. Once at the outdoor range, once at the indoor range, once at the Trap field etc. The policy is designed to expose a prospective member to the Club, not as a quasi-2 for 1 membership for guests.

I thought it might be helpful for you to know the policy before joining Cape Ann.

S

Are you over the age of 60 and crotchety? Danvers
Like shooting and personable? Andover
Enjoy shooting trap after work ? Georgetown
Dont mind driving and like being able to practice whatever you want safely in an action pit? Londonderry or Pelham
Hidden gem? Hamilton.

Spot on. A+

There is now a per use fee for guests ($10?) at the outdoor and indoor ranges.
Clays are open to the public, you don't have to be a member, just safe.

FYI...
The Guest Policy at Cape Ann is a member can bring a guest to acquaint them with the facility. 3 times in a year max. Once at the outdoor range, once at the indoor range, once at the Trap field etc. The policy is designed to expose a prospective member to the Club, not as a quasi-2 for 1 membership for guests.

I thought it might be helpful for you to know the policy before joining Cape Ann.

S

There is now a per use fee for guests ($10?) at the outdoor and indoor ranges.
Clays are open to the public, you don't have to be a member, just safe.

If that's the new guest policy, I think it's a win for the Club and member's guests.

Back
Top Bottom