Looking for rifle Bipod advise

Started a 10/22 build and I'm thinking of a Bipod. Want to keep it simple and as light as possible.

Never realized how many different style/options were out there. Any recommendation, pro's, con's would be great.

I love Harris bipods. It may be a bit on the pricey side for a 10/22 but you can always just pull it off and use it on another gun if you want to downgrade.

A bipod on a 10/22 may be a bit cumbersome.
That said, I have a Harris on my AR-15 (which is also a bit cumbersome) and like it.

Harris is great but at $100 it's 50% of the cost of a 10/22. You can buy a Caldwell for about $40. On a 10/22 I don't think it matters much. I have one on my Savage Mark II and it does the job. Works well, hasn't broken yet and doesn't feel like its going to. Granted it can't take the abuse of the Harris and the springs aren't as strong as the Harris and it is probably made in China and not the US. It's a cheaper knock off (but well made) of the Harris. I find it to be a little bit lighter than the Harris and pairs well with my .22 rifles. I would also go notched legs over smooth and swivel over fixed.

on my bolt .22 my Harris makes a god awful racket as the recoil reverberates through the springs in the bi-pod. Do I have it set up wrong?

I ended up just getting a bean bag. Nice and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom