• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for recommendations on new CCW handgun

with paddle release, i typically use my R middle finger to depress the paddle on the R side of the gun. i am a huge fan of the paddle release for many reasons
1. i do not have to shift my grip
2. less chance of being accidentally activated while holstered
3. 100% ambidextrous
4. i feel european and sophisticated
5. fun to watch my friends struggle with my gun at the range hahaha

i often see people stretching their thumb and completely shifting their grip to reach the paddle via thumb but i'm not convinced this was how they intended most paddle system to be used.

I use the same technique. Takes my finger off the trigger and releases in one motion. I can swap mags quicker than the 92FS. However the 92FS is more fun to shoot with the 15+1 and being so heavy it absorbs all the recoil.

- - - Updated - - -

To solve the trigger problem I am having the S disconnector installed instead of the Mass compliant H disconnector. Should help ALOT from what I read.

Thats what I'm afraid of. I've been shooting Glocks since 98. I know glocks. I know how to reload for Glocks. It would be like dumping your hot milfy 38 year old wife for some hot chippie 22 year old. I don't know if i can even dip a toe in that water.

Your analogy is not logical at all.
The ergonomic on the Glock have change since it was first released. Glocks now now are way more comfortable that a gen 1. Ppq m2 is the most comfortable grip in the market today and the trigger as great a great 1911.

:)

Newer ergonomics in grips means a much comfortable and enjoyable shooting time at the range.

If you have never driven a car and suddenly drive one you would think you got the most amazing thing at first.

Over time your brain would start to see other choices, a Ferrari, a Cadillac etc. they all take you from point A to B but each have its own driving pleasure.

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

Just an update on my original post... I went in a familiar direction for me but with a better fit than the first time. I decided to go 1911 again. I purchased a S&W 1911PC 4.25". The gun is extremely light for a 1911 and fits my needs well. I have put in my order for some alumagrips to narrow the grip significantly (1/4"). This will bring the grip size to only a little larger than the shield (1/8"). Weight is definitely heavier than the shield, but not too heavy to carry. Trigger out if the box is outstanding and I'm more accurate with it than the shield of top 15-20 yards.

Your analogy is not logical at all.
The ergonomic on the Glock have change since it was first released. Glocks now now are way more comfortable that a gen 1. Ppq m2 is the most comfortable grip in the market today and the trigger as great a great 1911.

:)

Newer ergonomics in grips means a much comfortable and enjoyable shooting time at the range.

If you have never driven a car and suddenly drive one you would think you got the most amazing thing at first.

Over time your brain would start to see other choices, a Ferrari, a Cadillac etc. they all take you from point A to B but each have its own driving pleasure.

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

I agree that they are all different and good. That was partly my point. The PPQ M2 is an excellent gun. Maybe better than a comparable Glock, but I know glocks.

And despite the changes from Gen 3, a Gen 4 is not all that different ergonomically. Especially since I shoot it with the medium backstrap, which brings it back up to about where the Gen 3 was. I do like the RTF. I actually bought an RTF2 G17 and used its frame with my Gen 3 G34 slide. It worked great and the gun never shifted in my hand. All the complaints about RTF2 being too aggressive for carry went out the window when the gun is solely for range use.

If you are familiar with glocks and can manipulate them without thinking, going from a Gen3 to Gen4 is seamless. Sure there is a slight difference in reach and a grippier grip, but all the sensory feedback is the same. Recoil (in 9mm) is very similar, trigger feel and reset, control locations. All that is the same.

Don

Just an update on my original post... I went in a familiar direction for me but with a better fit than the first time. I decided to go 1911 again. I purchased a S&W 1911PC 4.25". The gun is extremely light for a 1911 and fits my needs well. I have put in my order for some alumagrips to narrow the grip significantly (1/4"). This will bring the grip size to only a little larger than the shield (1/8"). Weight is definitely heavier than the shield, but not too heavy to carry. Trigger out if the box is outstanding and I'm more accurate with it than the shield of top 15-20 yards.

I love 1911's and carried a SW1911SC (4.25" w/ round butt model) but even with the scandium frame it was still a bit chunky for me to carry. I was also carrying it more AIWB so the barrel was uncomfortable depending on sitting position etc. but in the regular 3:30-4:00 it was fine. I think a nice compromise is the "CCO" version of the 1911 - a commander sized slide and barrel on an officer sized body. Shorter grip length, plenty of barrel. Dan Wesson makes a nice one.

I realized that I'm too much of wuss when it comes to the weight of my carry guns to carry a 1911. The only one I'd carry was an aluminum framed lightweight officers ACP. And once you are down to that size you have 6 rounds. for similar size and weight you can carry a G19 with 15 rounds in the mag.

To each his own. I love my 1911s, but not for carry.

Don

Back
Top Bottom