• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for range info near New Haven, CT

Mesatchornug

NES Member
Like I said in another thread, I just had a chance to talk at Yale. Good times.

The Yale Law School Republicans, who were my hosts, have offered to introduce students to shooting, and are trying to schedule the event soon. It sounds like they're in search of a range that won't cost them a fortune.

If anyone has any leads or recommendations, I'd be happy to pass them along.

I don't know of anything in that area, but I would rule out private clubs. Try to look for open to the public, indoor ranges that are known to facilitate large group events. A quick search of "shooting range" on google maps reveals several potential places in that area.

OP, I have a somewhat non-traditional schedule and would be happy to help out. I have a variety of "starter" guns, a reasonable amount of knowledge in their use, and a not-insignificant amount of ammo. If logistics work I am absolutely willing to share all of the above, no charge. Lady Radtekk also carries and shoots and is always willing as well.

Failing a public venue, I'm always willing to host shooters new or old at my club, although I'm limited to 2 guests at a time. If we can arrange a time where Lady Radtekk is available we can host 4.

PM anytime, and this offer is open to ANYBODY looking to introduce new shooters.

By the way, I'm a member at Westford Sportsmen's Club, surprisingly enough located in Westford.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blue Trail in Wallingford is open to the public, you may need to check the hours. I haven't lived in CT for a long time but it was a nice range. It's about 25-30 outside of New Haven.

Like I said in another thread, I just had a chance to talk at Yale. Good times.

The Yale Law School Republicans, who were my hosts, have offered to introduce students to shooting, and are trying to schedule the event soon. It sounds like they're in search of a range that won't cost them a fortune.

If anyone has any leads or recommendations, I'd be happy to pass them along.

There are two public ranges about 30 minutes north of New Haven:

http://bluetrailrange.com/ No rapid fire and all spots are no blue sky with barriers due to bullets allegedly leaving the range (I say BS, but irrelevant to the subject)

http://www.deltaarsenal.com/gun-range/ Indoor range, they have gun rentals, including full auto and 3 separate ranges and allow you to bring your own ammo if it isn't "steel penetrating"

Mesatchormug

I'm from the new haven area and still spend time down there.

We should talk. Off the top of my head I'd recommend Blue Trails. Although they are mainly focused on rifle shooting, the Lymans who own it are very very intereseted in promoting the shooting sports.

Another good option is Chris' gun range in Guilford. Although I really HATE to introduce people to shooting indoors since its much louder and more intimidating.

Finally, a good friend is a member at Niantic Sportsmen's, about 45 minutes from New Haven. I'm sure he could help host them.

I was a NRA rifle and pistol instructor as well as a small time FFL in South Central CT for years. I'd like to help. I'll PM you my contact info.

Don

Bridgeport Shooting Range...period.

The gentleman that owns the range opens his doors at no cost to my Marine Corps Reserve unit (Maint. Svc. Co. - CLB 25, New Haven, CT) every year for a voluntary 'combat pistol course' and ALWAYS ends up offering the best advice on my shooting positions I've ever received. He offers classes to beginners and advanced shooters. Hands down the best training in a 50 mile radius of New Haven and the facility is top notch, indoor, and right off the highway. Parking is in a gated in area.

(203) 330-9772 but if you need more information, please PM me and I'll email my Gunny.

Back
Top Bottom